Laptop Running Slow - But no detections found with Malwarebytes.

NWR

Hello all, 

I've got a Windows 7 laptop running Malwarebytes (premium) but for some reason it seems to have become delayed in the actions such as opening a document, webpage or even changing the sound level in the notification area.  

I've undertaken a full scan but it doesn't seem to find anything.  Can anyone advise what I can do. 

NWR 

• Staff

If you are referring to the Malwarebytes logs, there is no need to send them if they haven't been detecting anything - but for future reference, (assuming you are using Malwarebytes version 3.x):

Open Malwarebytes and  when it opens, look on the left hand side and click 'Reports'
•To sort by date, click the Date / Time header box
•Double click on the most recent Scan Report
•Click 'Export'.
•Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
•In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
•In the file name: box, type a name for your scan log.
•A message box indicating 'File Saved' should appear.
Click OK and attach that log to your next reply.

Please do follow icotonev's instructions to download and run FRST and provide those logs for his review. :-)

2 minutes ago, NWR said:

Sorry to sound naive but how do I get the logs?

STEP 01

• If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply

STEP 02

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.

_frst_scan.jpg.d10e66dc03e35ede4fdcba12b

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've run it before it may not and you may need to select it manually
  • Please attach both logs to your reply if possible. Otherwise, you may copy/paste the logs directly if you have to, but an attachment is better.
  • To save attachments please click the link as shown below. Then browse to where your file is located and select it and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg.a0465aaafd6cae688aa38ab16

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks