Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrMeeseeks

Malwarebyte Blocking Access to Game Servers

Recommended Posts

I installed Malwarebytes to scan for potential viruses on my PC. Following that scan I had no issues shown on my system. However, I was placed on the Premium trial during which MAlwarebytes was using its active protection to detect and block access to "malicious sites". However, this blocked me from using many trusted services, including application like Teamspeak and Discord as well as seeming to block any and all use of game servers. I attempted to use the exclusion function to restore my access however that has yet to work. I also attempted to uninstall Malwarebytes, however the issue persisted.

Since leaving the premium trial, I no longer get notifications that sites or ips have been blocked. However I was never given the specific IP or files that were deemed malicious. At this  point, all I know is that my computer is still connected to the internet, I can still access normal websites, but most if not all of gaming related online functions are blocked off from my use.

Games on Steam as well as Battlenet and Origin are being blocked.

mb-check-results.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Since leaving the premium trial, I no longer get notifications that sites or ips have been blocked. However I was never given the specific IP or files that were deemed malicious. At this  point, all I know is that my computer is still connected to the internet, I can still access normal websites, but most if not all of gaming related online functions are blocked off from my use.

Games on Steam as well as Battlenet and Origin are being blocked.

Malwarebytes does not block anything when in FREE mode. But just to be sure...

Let us get a clean install of the current version. 3.3.1

 

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

 Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

 

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product .

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed. If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

 Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Malwarebytes does not block anything when in FREE mode"- Yes,however at the time of it originally blocking my access I was on a free trial provided with the initial install

 

I installed MB-Clean and reinstalled the newest version (3.3.1) following the directions you provided, however I still have no access too game servers. Malwarebytes doesn't give me any notification of what it is doing, I am simply denied access.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

I am simply denied access.

Can you uninstall and see if you can access the servers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Can you uninstall and see if you can access the servers?

I have uninstalled it and I am still blocked from game servers. It says everything that is or was Malwarebytes should be gone so I suppose it might be something else but I have no idea what that might be. The issue only occurred after installing and using this service.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

so I suppose it might be something else but I have no idea what that might be.

That is what I was thinking.  

16 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

The issue only occurred after installing and using this service.

Post a new set of logs and I will let staff look closer. @dcollins @nikhils

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From looking at your logs, this doesn't seem to be an MB3 issue, especially since the issue remained after you uninstalled. Can you uninstall MB3 again and then run mb-check one more time so we can make sure nothing is getting left behind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, dcollins said:

From looking at your logs, this doesn't seem to be an MB3 issue, especially since the issue remained after you uninstalled. Can you uninstall MB3 again and then run mb-check one more time so we can make sure nothing is getting left behind?

Alright uninstalled and ran MB Check. If it turns out to be nothing on your end, thank you for trying to help in trying to fix my issue.

mb-check-results.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to your logs, all Malwarebytes software has been removed. Do you have another network you can try connecting from? Or perhaps try disabling Windows Firewall to see if that helps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.