Avira has gone mad

(note i was so annoyed with Avira i removed it and got Avast! instead)

Hello all ^^

So when i got my laptop ages ago i got Avira.

It did quiet well and all but it CONTINOUSLY gave me false positives(like the geswall application and importan HP files :S)

whenever i added the false postives to the ignore list Avira kept moving on to other files and saying they were false postives and it drove me nuts :rolleyes:'''

Then when i went to Germany ( :D )for 4 nights and i took my laptop and had no internet or w/e (The hilton don't give me free internets >:)) so it couldn't update.

So when i came back home and tried to update (correct Ip and all, nothing wrong with the cables blah bah) and it didn't work kept on saying "error with update.." i did it like 40 times and it didn't work so i was a little confused :S And i also ran Mbam and it found nothing. Also i did it with Super anti-spyware and it found nothing.

In the first bit i ended up getting rid of Geswall because it really bugged me that it identified EVERY SINGLE FILE AS A FREAKING VIRUS :/ And geswall is a good program too.. T_T so Avira failed on me :/

So what the hell was Avira doing? Did it go senial or something :/ Has this happened to anyone else before?

Hi Meow!

Before remove Avira AntiVir, you had to write here and we would help you. About FPs, you had to send these files to Avira Lab to check it. If they're really FPs, Avira will remove it in there next update.

Avira AntiVir has some problems with updates, so I suggest you to follow these instructions: How to solve Avira Personal automatic update (Internet connection failed) error in WIndowsXP (I think these is no problem to use it for Vista)

P.S.: Tomorrow will start English Premiership, right? Who is your favorite team? ManUTD Rulzz! :rolleyes:

Hi Meow!

Before remove Avira AntiVir, you had to write here and we would help you. About FPs, you had to send these files to Avira Lab to check it. If they're really FPs, Avira will remove it in there next update.

Avira AntiVir has some problems with updates, so I suggest you to follow these instructions: How to solve Avira Personal automatic update (Internet connection failed) error in WIndowsXP (I think these is no problem to use it for Vista)

P.S.: Tomorrow will start English Premiership, right? Who is your favorite team? ManUTD Rulzz! :rolleyes:

I did send them to Be checked and had no reply....

And im Using Vista...

When you send them? This is automated system, which will send you e-mail with the results of analysis. Please archive samples, attach them to rapidshare and send me the link via PM. I will try to get a response.

I sent them about a couple of weeks ago... I checked all my e-mail accounts and i found no replys..

Although it could be there becuase i get like 100 spam messages a day :rolleyes:''

urm ive removed avira so i dont remember exacly which ones it was but ill look :D

Ive found one..

since i've uninstalled geswall i dont have the file but it kept saying it was a Trojan/Spygen or something (my brain hurts :S)

Sadly i can only remember the one file And ill send t you still i mean i can re downoad Geswall to get the file... iF redownload avira will it have my history?? About finding virus' ect?

I had problems with Avira that they refused to acknowledge that it could be their software so it had to be WinPatrol and Windows Defender that they insist I remove to fix the problems with Avira. It did not fix the problem which I knew it would not so I went back to avast! and have not regretted it.

By the way, I submitted some detected applications to them and either they were ignored or declared as valid for detection and removal but Avira was the only anti virus application that detected them.

I had problems with Avira that they refused to acknowledge that it could be their software so it had to be WinPatrol and Windows Defender that they insist I remove to fix the problems with Avira. It did not fix the problem which I knew it would not so I went back to avast! and have not regretted it.

By the way, I submitted some detected applications to them and either they were ignored or declared as valid for detection and removal but Avira was the only anti virus application that detected them.

:rolleyes:

Am i beaing beaten up here o_o?

so why did Avira turn mad on me? :S

Hello Meow

No, just posting their experience with AntiVir :rolleyes:

I did download/install Geswall and tried different settings and I'm not having any conflicts with Antivir with the two.

Hello Meow

No, just posting their experience with AntiVir :D

I did download/install Geswall and tried different settings and I'm not having any conflicts with Antivir with the two.

I wasnt as soon as i downloaded it. It took a while for any conflicts to pop up or whatever. Like a few weeks after i had geswall and Avira :rolleyes: