John L. Galt

TabMixPlus.org [SOLVED]

OK, MB just started blocking TabMixPLus DOT org, a site that is devoted to the XUL-based Firefox addon Tab Mix Plus (aka TMP).

Odd thing is that it is intermittent - I've only seen one popup from the tray application, but in Firefox I am continually being redirected to https://block.malwarebytes.com/  when I attempt to access the forums there. 

What gives?  IP range, or some other issue?

I've added it as an exclusion, but this site has never been blocked (not in recent memory, anyway).

Edited by John L. Galt
Marked as solved, because of βeta components

Interestingly enough, although it put up the blocks website numerous times in Firefox, until I added the exclusion, I only have 2 reports (which leads me to believe it is only making reports when the tray application actually throws a popup about having blocked a site).

Here they are:

TMP block.txt

TMP block2.txt

Edited by John L. Galt

We're not blocking the domain or it' IP. Will point one of the QA guys here.

One thing to note:  I am running Windows 10 x64 Pro Insider build 17063 and have MB3 licensed and running alongside Defender.  When this error occurred (and my other on as well) it was after my machine had already taken the latest upgrade to this build, so that may be a factor.  I upgraded to the build through the Windows Insider program using Windows Update on build 17406.

Additionally, I followed the exclusion list in both this post

And in addition, I've also blocked a few Windows defender folders according to another thread by Porthos, I believe, that I cannot currently locate, so here is a screenshot:

5a3bea9487540_MB3Exclusions.PNG.7691e3a00e09d18df8cb66b7525db803.PNG

Can you try reverting back to the stable release and not the beta? You'll need to uninstall to revert, or you can use mb-clean which will remove what you have installed and re-install the latest stable release

Good idea - let me try that.  I'll use the clean since I have it Downloaded, and then reinstall, and just not enable beta updates, correct?

@dcollins - I also made MB Check .ZIPs for both when I had the βeta components installed and again after I used MB Clean to revert o stable MB3.

If you want them, let me know.