Question for MBAM Premium & Kaspersky Internet Security users

Hi,

Can anyone using Malwarebytes Premium 3.3.1.2183 and Kaspersky Internet Security 18.0.0.405(e) confirm whether their MBAM Web protection is working at http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/

The site is completely safe but if it's not working you will get a "If you are able to reach this page it means that IP protection is disabled on your machine." message.  The reason I ask is that unlike some Web protection problems mentioned on this forum my Web protection status is active, but visiting the site I get no ip blocking notifications as you should.  I want to know if this problem is just my PC or has affected all KIS & MBAM users.

• 5 weeks later...

I have this same issue. IP Protection is not working at all in Malwarebyte Premium with Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 (both most recent versions).

I know it is something to do with Kaspersky as i uninstalled both programs, rebooted, did a fresh install of Malwarebytes 3.3.1 and then tested IP Protection and got the normal pop up blocking the malwarebytes test site.

Then I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 18.0.0(405f) and tested Malwarebtes IP protection -- even though the program says it is on it is not.

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO REACH THIS PAGE IT MEANS THAT IP PROTECTION IS DISABLED ON YOUR MACHINE.

It is not the only site i tested. It is completely off. Real time protection is not working even though it is on as well.

Edited by Panthur
Not enough coffee.

9 minutes ago, Panthur said:

I know it is something to do with Kaspersky as i uninstalled both programs, rebooted, did a fresh install of Malwarebytes 3.3.1 and then tested IP Protection and got the normal pop up blocking the malwarebytes test site.

Could you try the following:

• Open the Kaspersky Software turn off Kaspersky Advanced Disinfection
  • Click on Settings.Additional -> Threats & Exclusions, disable the Advanced Disinfection Technology.
  •  Also, In settings Click on Performance.
  • Uncheck Perform regular rootkit scan
    • It may also be labeled "Search for software that is intended to conceal traces of a malicious program in the system"
  • Reboot

Post your results.

Did as you asked. Results are the same.

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO REACH THIS PAGE IT MEANS THAT IP PROTECTION IS DISABLED ON YOUR MACHINE.

Everything says they are on but they are not. :( 

Even added exclusions for Malwarebytes in Kaspersky:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\farflt.sys
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService 

Unfortunately there is still no change.

5 minutes ago, Panthur said:

Unfortunately there is still no change.

Sorry, It was a shot in the dark. I want to check something.

1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  4. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Hehe. No problem. Assumed as such.

However i would not be surprised if it had something vaguely related to do with Kaspersky's Secure Connection add on, which i uninstalled as i don't like the thing. I have my own vpn. (However, just to be thorough, i DID do an IP test with it installed and another with it uninstalled with the same results).

Edited by Panthur
I (#*$#!!@!! can't type....