Malwarebytes keeps freezing/slowing down my PC

Hello, I've been having issues using Malwarebytes for a while.

• How did you encountered the issue and any steps to reproduce it

Whenever I check for updates and the program starts updating my PC starts slowing down a lot/freezes until the update is complete. The same thing also happens when I run scans, it gets stuck around a certain point of the scan everytime (usually the Memory scan part) and my computer starts locking/freezing/stuttering/lagging everytime.

This didn't use to happen before, my PC is around a year old and everything was running fine on the first half of the year. The second half however, these issues started appearing out of nowhere.

• Do you get the same result more than once if you follow the same steps? Y/N

Yes absolutely, this happens everytime I check for updates or scan my computer with Malwarebytes.

If the system crashed (aka blue screen of death or BSOD), please include the error message

So far no BSODs ever happened but at some points of attempting to close the program myself, the PC would just freeze and I'd be forced to restart it.

1. Any screenshot(s) of error messages(s) or other incorrect behavior

I tried using MB-Clean today and it did not help at all, the same issues started appearing again. (I also tried manually uninstalling and installing the program a couple of months back but that didn't work either) I'll be attaching the logs on the thread.

I ran FRST and MB-Check afterwards and attached the zip as well.

I'd greatly appreciate help with this as this has been bugging me for a long while now.

mb-clean-results.txt

mb-check-results.zip

2 hours ago, dcollins said:

How long have these issues been going on? If you remove Malwarebytes, does the issue with updates go away?

Oh sorry by updates I meant Malwarebytes' updates.

Windows have been updating normally ever since, it's just that the PC starts freezing and stuttering hard when I try to scan my pc with Malwarebytes OR update MBAM itself.

I've been also having these issues for like around 3-5 months now.

Edited by Disp

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Are you just running a threat scan or are you trying to do a custom scan?  Are you trying to do ANYTHING else at the same time?

I always used threat scans until now, it scans for a little bit then gets stuck on the progress and won't scan any further. And in that time my PC is completely frozen and I can't do anything else at all until I forcefully close MBAM or my pc.

It does this on a threat scan?

?? open browsers or other programs??

I haven't tried using custom scans yet, it only seems to be happening on threat scans for now.

And yeah, browsing other programs or using my browser was impossible when I run the scan and it gets stuck like that, unable to do barely anything at all.

Just now, Disp said:

And yeah, browsing other programs or using my browser was impossible when I run the scan and it gets stuck like that, unable to do barely anything at all.

Please don't try to do anything else during scans. MB is designed to use all of your CPU power during scans. Close everything and do a threat scan and report back. 

Please don't try to do anything else during scans. MB is designed to use all of your CPU power during scans. Close everything and do a threat scan and report back. 

Well the weird thing is that this never used to happen before at all, a few months earlier I was able to other things while the scan was running in the background.

That and the scan always get stuck on a certain point for some reason, the progress won't go on at all and the pc gets completely frozen at that point.

And I also have a pretty durable/strong processor (i7 6700) too, are you sure that it's normal for the scans to get stuck like this out of nowhere while freezing the other processes I have open in the background?

I'll try to run a threat scan without doing in the background and see if that helps I suppose.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Please do. Could you get a screenshot of your ESET exclusions showing the exclusions you added, please. 

https://i.imgur.com/fcd9HKv.png

Here is a pic of the exclusions

It looks like the scan ended after I waited long enough, however the weird thing I noticed is that it would get stuck on memory scan for around 15 minutes https://i.imgur.com/UYYeZqy.png (as seen on this pic, items scanned would stay around the same until after waiting) and after 15 minutes it finished the memory scan and instantly went over the other scans (I was also able to browse things freely after the memory scan finished) and finished the other scans up in under a minute. 

Which doesn't seem normal to me, normally MBAM wouldn't act like this ever in the past at all.

It always seems to get stuck on memory scan for at least 15 minutes while locking my computer in the background and updating the program itself also seems to freeze my computer until it's sucessfully updated.

While it's a good thing that it works in the end, I don't think this behavior is normal at all.

I'd love to get help with this so I can return MBAM back to the days how it used to work without the scan/pc freezing.

Thanks.

Here are the logs of the two scans I did.

Turning that option seemed to have worked, thanks!

However it still seems to get stuck on memory scans somehow which I still don't understand why.

However I am able to browse freely thanks to that, I appreciate it.

I'm not sure if the scans getting stuck out of nowhere/updating the program stuttering the PC is normal though however.

log.txt

log2.txt

1 minute ago, Disp said:

Here are the logs of the two scans I did.

Time Elapsed: 14 min, 23 sec

Scan time looks normal.

The scan animation some times looks stuck sometimes but it is already scanning the next section and just looks stuck. Does not happen to everyone but is already known and being addressed for a future update.