Something is causing my display to enlarge and shrink

EllenC

Something is causing my screen to black out and to enlarge, black out again and return to normal.

The problem is this happens almost 20 times in sequence even though other times my screen remains very stable, but when this starts I can't even use my computer.

So something is definitely doing this but I have ran Malwarebytes and initially it found some malware but the latest run it came back clean.  But this problem still persists and I'm at my wits end to know what the heck is doing this.

I hope you guys can help.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

No Malware found.PNG

Display problem While Malwarebytes runs.mp4

• Root Admin

Hello @EllenC and :welcome:

This does not look like a software issue. You may be having a loose cable or the monitor may be going out.

Try shutting down the computer. Then unplug each cable, one by one (make certain which connector you remove from what and put it right back into the connection). See if removing and seating the cables on the computer, and on the monitor itself to see if that helps and let me know.

Ron

Thanks for that solution. I've shut down the computer and unplugged and re-plugged all the cables in the back and now I'm sitting in front of a very stable computer. The difference is all the screens are enlarged which is fine since now I can see leaning back in my chair, so that's not a problem.

However I have had stable periods before so I hope this is permanent and not a temporary lull.

Thanks lots for the solution I'll keep you posted.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks