Any way to prevent being asked to upgrade?

JamesMan

Hello, I'm running Malwarebytes 1.11.1.40 but every time it loads I get asked to upgrade to the latest version and have to click "Cancel".

The reason I don't want the latest version is that it automatically runs a demo of software I don't want and haven't asked for, so I had to uninstall it.

Basically I just want a simple free version that doesn't keep asking me to upgrade and doesn't run demos of premium software. Is this at all possible?

Hi JamesMan,

As far as I know the newer versions ask whether you want the free trail, allowing you to skip it. It does require paying attention during the installation and first run.
If that didn't work you can end the free trial at any moment in "my account" to revert to the free version you want.

Does this help you out?

If you have any questions, please ask.

Regards,
Durew

Edit: removing mistake in response to comment Porthos

Edited by Durew
Remove wrong information

1 hour ago, Durew said:

As far as I know the newer versions ask whether you want the free trail, allowing you to skip it.

That is not currently true. You are given the trial automatically but it can be turned off and become the free version see here. I highly suggest installing the current version

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1033

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

4 hours ago, JamesMan said:

I'm running Malwarebytes 1.11.1.40 but every time it loads I get asked to upgrade

I have heard of running an old version... but that version is extremely old. With version 1x that last one that was rolled out was like version 1.75.0.1300 and then with version 2 it was v2.2.1.1043. I would highly recommend upgrading to the latest version (now v3.3.1.2183-1.0.262-1.0.3374) and then ending the trial from the My Account tab and going with that.