Google Chrome PUP

I've trying to get rid of pup.optional.sweetpacks that Malwarebytes keeps finding on my mom's PC. She's always ran Malwarebytes free until I installed an extra Pro license I had and so has been running Real-Time Protection for awhile now. Should Malwarebytes running Real-Time prevent pup.optional.sweetpacks?

I'm having to try to remotely remove pup.optional.sweetpacks since I can't always get to her house which makes it a little more challenging. First of all is this something that really isn't harmful and could be excluded?

Since this PUP seems to be related to Google Chrome I tried following these steps but it keeps coming back.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome but still won't go away. This is a little frustrating because she doesn't even use Chrome I put it on her computer one day because I wanted to use it so wished I had never installed it.

So do I tell Malwarebytes to ignore it... if not guess I need further help getting rid of it?

Google PUP Threat.jpg

Edited by mike2874

Here's an update although not entirely sure what happened though. Since I had a Chrome Profile error I renamed the Default folder and let Chrome create a new folder which fixed the error... now works fine. I closed Chrome and ran Malwarebytes scan three times and now no PUP I even rebooted between one of them.

Have no idea why the PUP disappeared just because I deleted the Default Chrome folder but hopefully it doesn't come back.

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks