Chrome Won't Start Malwarebytes Gets Sidestepped

Nlck

I'm pretty sure that I know what caused the problem, I installed PDF Exchange and during the install I accidentally gave my permission for it to change my default search engine to Yahoo. When I changed back to Google it kept changing back to Yahoo on reboot. I managed to stop the reinstall of Yahoo by doing a cleanup of Chrome, including removing it & reinstalling, but now on bootup of the OS (W10) on starting Chrome hangs with a blank white screen. If I close the window & restart Chrome will restart asking if I want to restore tabs. It then works fine until the next reboot. I've done an extensive range of actions, but whatever I do the malware reinstalls itself.

I've used Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, & HitmanPro. Malwarebytes does the best job in finding Malware. I attach the report. The problem comes down to:-

If I do a Malwarebytes Scan it finds 13 threats
I then Quarantine them
Reboot the OS
 If I then do an immediate Malwarebytes Scan it finds the same 13 threats

Malwarebytes Chrome Virus.txt

Porthos,

Thank you for making your advice so easy to follow.

It's a little bit early to start counting chickens, so I will delay my thanks for a day or so, but it does look as if you have solved my problem. TIA. Initially MB cleared 15 threats & 8 came back, on the second cycle it looks as if it's all clear. 

• 3 weeks later...