Backdoor.agent.wd

I used malwarebytes & a bunch other anti viruses (plus ccleaner). Its been around 2 years since i had a backdoor agent, as it hasn't been appearing in any malwarebytes scans, no symptoms etc. But recently i found out that they could key log us & we wouldn't know about it? Ive done alot of research & found it that the backdoor itself allows hackers to acess my pc & do things e.g keylogging. So the backdoor being gone means they cant do that (the backdoor is in quarantine)however can the backdoor install a software which keylogs me? im honestly paranoid right now, I've entered bank details on my laptop too. Is this specific backdoor (backdoor.agent.WD) the one allowing access or is it likely to have downloaded a key logging software? Please help me. Thank you.

• Root Admin

Hello @Helloooo

Yes, more than likely you're being a bit too paranoid. Please run the following though and we'll see if we can find anything.

Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready.

STEP 01

• If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply.

STEP 02

Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on the program and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Your PC should reboot now if any items were found.
  • After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

STEP 03
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

Often times people read many things on the Internet that eventually fills them with fear about their system. If none of your security software is complaining then the chances of actually having something bad on the system is pretty low. Why I offered to help you run some scans to help ensure you're clean.

When you have time go ahead and run the scans and let me know and we'll look at it then.

Cheers

Ron

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Often times people read many things on the Internet that eventually fills them with fear about their system. If none of your security software is complaining then the chances of actually having something bad on the system is pretty low. Why I offered to help you run some scans to help ensure you're clean.

When you have time go ahead and run the scans and let me know and we'll look at it then.

Cheers

Ron

Oki what im asking is, does the backdoor agent allow people to get key logged & without a backdoor in a system they wouldn't be able to right?

On 06/12/2017 at 12:38 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

I'm sorry but I would need the log file showing that. One cannot go just by name alone. Please post the log showing this detection.

On 05/12/2017 at 11:44 PM, Helloooo said:

Oki what im asking is, does the backdoor agent allow people to get key logged & without a backdoor in a system they wouldn't be able to right?

Malwayrebytes said it has quarantined it but im scared it might have downloaded software on my PC? All im asking is, does a backdoor install key logging software or does it just allow attackers to enter my PC to key log.I was hacked in facebook, where my account was used for rayban scamming, but i did enter my bank details & no strange transactions has happened yet. Im sorry i cannot give you any logs right now, sir, my laptop is being repaired.