Finish quarantaine proces- on shut down

Vincent50

Dear community,

I have a suggestion to make virus removal less annoying and time consuming. When mbam detects a virus during a scan it needs to place it in quarantaine. To complete this proces, a restart of your pc is needed. Why isn't it possible to complete the process when you shut down (for example at the end of the day) and when you start you PC the next day, the process is completed. Because now when I place an item in quarantaine and then shutdown my pc, I get a notification when I start my pc that mbam needs to restart the PC (right after it started).

You do have a point.

I would still recommend to just restart the PC after a quarantine and deletion of any unwanted malware etc.

In today's fashion, its not really that time consuming. But it might feel like an unnecessary process / step. Tho I think its a limbo between the system itself, and the program. It's a process that is needed. I might be wrong. 

Thinking about it, it would be a possibility to make it like you imagine. But again, system memory etc, maybe the outcome is different from system to system. ( Laptop, Desktop etc.)

I just do the restart to make sure, and be relieved of the even thinking about, "is my problem gone?!" :D

-eSR

If it is asking to restart, its because it has to perform the quarantine of a file that is currently in use.  I myself would prefer to Reboot when asked to make sure the Malware is taken care of on the spot.

As for why its not done when one shuts down, my guess would be because some folks do not shut down their computers at the end of the day, so that means that malware may still be running until one remembers to reboot.

I usually don't restart/shutdown my computer but only once a week. 

19 hours ago, Firefox said:

"If it is asking to restart, its because it has to perform the quarantine of a file that is currently in use. "

"my guess would be because some folks do not shut down their computers at the end of the day"

I restart at least once each 2 days but when mbam find a virus I decide what to do but at that moment. But is it so hard to remember for mbam to remove the virus when the PC starts the next time. especially when you have the early self defending module enabled it shouldn't be a problem.