SCCM Deploy Client Package

Hello,

We are wanting to use SCCM to deploy the malwarebytes client (exe, msi) to the other computers on the network.  When we tried to deploy it trhough SCCM, the installation does not occur, and a general error message occurs.  When I try the msi at the administrative command window:

msiexec /I malwarebytes.msi /q

An error message occurs, "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe.  Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic."

When I try the exe at the administrative command window:

malwarebytes.exe /S

An error message occurs, "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe.  Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic."

Any ideas on how to use SCCM to deploy the msi or the exe?

The exe or msi works if I manually install it on the computer with administrator rights.

Thank You   :0)

Hi Dyllon,

We were trying to use the only one executable install package that we were aware of to install the non cloud Malwarebytes Managed Client version 1.8.0.3443 which also installs the Anti-exploit.  In the console we went to -Policy -> Installation Package tool to generate the executable.

3 hours ago, j_french said:

Hi Dyllon,

We were trying to use the only one executable install package that we were aware of to install the non cloud Malwarebytes Managed Client version 1.8.0.3443 which also installs the Anti-exploit.  In the console we went to -Policy -> Installation Package tool to generate the executable.

Do I need to modify the msi package that was crated from within the console (Policy -> Installation Package) with a program like Orca?

Install with verbose logging enabled:
msiexec /i C:\[path to]\ClientSetup.msi /qn /lv %userprofile%\desktop\MBEPInstallLog.txt

MBMC Managed and standalone cleaner:
https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/rck2gbt0kqqdp8iw1uk7u6pmjg0gajkr

Double click to run, or open CMD as admin, run cleaner tool with this command:
msiexec /i C:\[path to]\mb-clean-managed.msi /qn /norestart