Malwarebytes not removing PUP’s

Jimmy45

I have four PUP.Optional.Conduit files and one PUP.Optional.Trovi file. None seem to have any effect on my google chrome app, however whenever i delete them in a previous threat scan, they just pop up in the next scan. The same 5 files. Im running malwarebytes free trial on the most up to date update in conjunction with Windows Defender. Windows Defender does not detect these files even when running a full scan. Any help is appreciated thank you.

This is very timely for me as I am trying to do the same thing, ie., remove a detected PUP.Optional.Conduit. I understand the information in the link pretty well, but I have an additional question. I also have Chrome on my smartphone. Any suggestions on how to handle the sync that happens on my smartphone? 

6 hours ago, Joe_W said:

This is very timely for me as I am trying to do the same thing, ie., remove a detected PUP.Optional.Conduit. I understand the information in the link pretty well, but I have an additional question. I also have Chrome on my smartphone. Any suggestions on how to handle the sync that happens on my smartphone? 

If you clean your Google Chrome profile on your desktop, the changes should be reflected on your smartphone as well.

5 hours ago, Jimmy45 said:

What do you think these four PUPs do on my computer, i dont see any ads due to an adblocker that i have. What can a trovi and three conduits do?

They are hijacked Google settings, most likely search engines, startup pages or new tab pages. They redirect your web searches mostly.

3 hours ago, Aura said:

If you clean your Google Chrome profile on your desktop, the changes should be reflected on your smartphone as well.

They are hijacked Google settings, most likely search engines, startup pages or new tab pages. They redirect your web searches mostly.

Nevermind i followed the second step and now no more PUPs! Thank you.

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!