Cwoot

Mwac Controller & Web Access Driver fail to initialize

Hello! I have this problem, where web protection doesn't start, it just says "Starting..." and goes back to "Off" after a few seconds. Here are the logs:

11/27/17 " 16:37:02.596" 569406 0a00 0f38 ERROR MwacControllerImpl mb::mwaccontrollerimpl::MwacControllerImpl::LoadMwacSdk "MWACControllerImplHelper.cpp" 3227 "Failed to initialize the Web Access driver! Cannot initialize the Mwac Controller Impl."11/27/17 " 16:37:02.596" 569406 0a00 0f38 ERROR MwacControllerImpl mb::mwaccontrollerimpl::MwacControllerImpl::InitializeMwacSdk "MWACControllerImplHelper.cpp" 763 "Failed to load the mwac sdk"

Can someone help me with this? Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

Hello and Welcome.... we will need a complete set of logs please

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Can you try quitting malwarebytes from the system tray and then double clicking the desktop icon? We have a known issue where this can happen

4 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Can you try quitting malwarebytes from the system tray and then double clicking the desktop icon? We have a known issue where this can happen

No use.

Freedome (HKLM-x32\...\F-Secure Freedome) (Version: 2.4.4868.0 - F-Secure Corporation)

There's a known issue with MB3 and F-Secure. To fix this, go into F-Secure settings to the following page and click the exclusions link at the bottom. Then add C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware to the exclusions. Then restart and your issue should be resolved

1. On the main page, click Settings.
    2. Select Computer > Virus Protection.
    3. Select Exclude files from the scan....
    4. Add C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware
    5. Click OK.
    6. Restart the computer
      F-Secure+Screenshot-1.jpg

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamchameleon.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\farflt.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys (64-bit only)

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae.sys (32-bit only)

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

There's a known issue with MB3 and F-Secure. To fix this, go into F-Secure settings to the following page and click the exclusions link at the bottom. Then add C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware to the exclusions. Then restart and your issue should be resolved

1. On the main page, click Settings.
    2. Select Computer > Virus Protection.
    3. Select Exclude files from the scan....
    4. Add C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-malware
    5. Click OK.
    6. Restart the computer
      F-Secure+Screenshot-1.jpg

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamchameleon.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\farflt.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys (64-bit only)

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae.sys (32-bit only)

I don't have the F-Secure program, I only have Freedome, and it has a completely different GUI.

1 minute ago, Cwoot said:

I only have Freedome, and it has a completely different GUI.

Dig thru the GUI and find how to add exceptions. Freedome is made by F-secure. 

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Dig thru the GUI and find how to add exceptions. Freedome is made by F-secure. 

Still, the application is completely different, and after doing some searching, I don't think there's any way of adding exclusions. Also, Freedome only does network protection, it doesn't do file protection.

Exclusions in Freedome

4 minutes ago, Cwoot said:

Still, the application is completely different, and after doing some searching, I don't think there's any way of adding exclusions. Also, Freedome only does network protection, it doesn't do file protection.

It is worth a look/try if you plan to keep using it.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

It is worth a look/try if you plan to keep using it.

I did look and try to find exclusions on Freedome, only found webpage exclusions by submitting the page to the F-Secure Labs for analysis, and as I said, Freedome only does network protection, it shouldn't block Malwarebytes' drivers.

51 minutes ago, Cwoot said:

Hello! I have this problem, where web protection doesn't start, it just says "Starting..."

6 minutes ago, Cwoot said:

and as I said, Freedome only does network protection, it shouldn't block Malwarebytes' drivers.

What happens with a clean install of MB with Freedoom uninstalled?