[ RESOLVED ] Real Time Protection Stuck on Starting

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
    1 hour ago, gooseydog said:

got an message the other day telling me that my real time protection was turned off.

2 hours ago, Hisuiko said:

I am having the same problem as original poster

installer_version" : "3.0.4",

Let us get a clean install of the current version. 3.3.1

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product .

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed. If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.

3 hours ago, riahc3 said:

Happened to me.

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

6 hours ago, Lam said:

I have the same problem web protection keep turning off

I pay for Malwarebytes Real Time Protection.

Two significant problems.

1) I switched on my computer the other day (Dell Optiplex Desktop, Windows 7 x64), and found Malwarebytes was missing altogether!  I had installed it a few months ago, but it had simply vanished!  - certainly not uninstalled by me. Why so?  If Malwarebytes is a security software, how come it is so vulnerable to some Scamware completely uninstalling it???

2) I reloaded Malwarebytes  a couple of days ago.  From yesterday I then repeatedly got the error message that 'Real Time Protection is Turned Off' and it was impossible to turn it back on.  Again, HOW COME?  How can Malwarebytes, a "security software" be so vulnerable to this?

I went through multiple steps, running a tool and then reloading, and now it seems to be stable.

I had the same problem of it turning off a couple of years ago.  Why the heck is Malwarebytes not more robust to this type of thing, and why does Malwarebytes expect its customers to be computer technicians fixing THEIR problem downloading logs, running patches and so on??  This should happen automatically in any Update that Malwarebytes sends us...

7 minutes ago, Richard_London said:

and why does Malwarebytes expect its customers to be computer technicians fixing THEIR problem downloading logs, running patches and so on??

Each computer is different in so many ways. It is a handful of computers compared to the millions not having issues.  The only way to see whats going on is the logs.  That being said we would like to help so we need your logs.

50 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Let us get a clean install of the current version. 3.3.1

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product .

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed. If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.

Thank you Porthos!   The above instructions worked perfectly and all is fine once more.

I have included the results file if it is of any use :)  Thank you for your help today!

Hissy 

mb-check-results.zip

• 4 weeks later...