Nothing on Taskbar?

Last Nov. 9th Web was off on taskbar - This morning,  Malware & Web were off.... I would fix these by quitting malwarebytes & starting from the desktop icon.  Started pc at 10PM  tonight. Nothing on taskbar?   So I  figure I would leave it alone & get you logs below?  before I do anything....... regards   EDIT:  a restart 45 mins. later - mbam is on the taskbar - all in the green........

mb-check-results.zip

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Edited by yardbird
restart

I'll add to this. The MB 3 icon is not showing up on my taskbar either. I thought the latest version fixed that but it didn't. Basically when I shut my computer off at night and turn on in the morning the icon is not there, the only time it appears is when I do a restart, it disappears after I shut down and start again the next morning. So basically a restart will show the icon temporarily which vanishes again after a shutdown. Been doing this for weeks. Sorry, I can't do logs now.

This happened to me too, what you have to do is to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions , then run the tray aplication and reboot your pc and see if it works

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService 

@dcollins

If I reboot,  the tray icon shows up again!  I never know when the tray icon will be on the taskbar?  Or if it be missing Web Protection or Malware Protection?  and sometimes it will look like 

this pic:  I would quit the program on the taskbar & re-start it from the desktop, and all will be in the green.....

taskbar.jpg

5 hours ago, digmorcrusher said:

I'll add to this. The MB 3 icon is not showing up on my taskbar either. I thought the latest version fixed that but it didn't. Basically when I shut my computer off at night and turn on in the morning the icon is not there, the only time it appears is when I do a restart, it disappears after I shut down and start again the next morning. So basically a restart will show the icon temporarily which vanishes again after a shutdown. Been doing this for weeks. Sorry, I can't do logs now.

I can confirm this issue of no taskbar icon ( mbamtray not running) and layers turning off on one laptop(Win 7) out of three PCs. Another family member uses it. To get all protection layers of mbam to turn on consistently  I have turned on self protection early start. To get the tray icon to appear and have it running I have manually added mbamtray to the startup programs.   Otherwise it just doesn't show up and cant tell if all the layers are on or some off etc. Been like this for months through all the recent component upgrades etc etc. Got sick of clean reinstalling and as it is a very slow laptop to bootup it was very time consuming to do that. Anyway the above has fixed it  and now the icon always appears after shut down and boot up and all layers are on consistently. I always had the exclusions to Avast free but by itself did not help. I simply haven't mentioned this before as any logs and reboots take way to long on the affected machine and the  machines I  use work perfectly and consistently and also have Avast free etc and the same exclusions.  But there is clearly an issue with some machines.

@digmorcrusher  & @Xauma95  & @mightaswell   I can tell you after 9 years + on this forum - if you have an issue, Post logs !!  Let the Dev's & Staff look them over.   You can start your

own post?  Or wait for a reply here !!!!  Its easier on the staff that has to look over the logs, if you post your own issue...... just my 2 cents.... good luck people

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

3 hours ago, dcollins said:

@yardbird did you run mb-check-results when Malware protection was disabled? According to the logs it's on so I'm trying to find out if this is just a display issue

@dcollins  After I turned on the  Event Log Data On,  I did a re-boot & ran a mb-check -- see post #8  - a pop-up window came up  -  I haven't touched a thing except did a Threat Scan !!

EDIT:  Yes!  I ran mb-check-results when Malware protection was disabled !!  

malware.jpg  

mbam.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by yardbird
n/a

@dcollins Another re-boot shows the appearance of the program at its norm?  Threat Scan just finished!    Fresh Logs + Event Log Data is still On... thx. for the help...    and, after the re-boot, I ran mb-check when the program went back to normal & logs + Threat Scan

mb-check-results.zip

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

mbam.jpg

Edited by yardbird
more info

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, mightaswell said:

I can confirm this issue of no taskbar icon ( mbamtray not running) and layers turning off on one laptop(Win 7) out of three PCs

After some further investigation on the affected laptop I discovered that the boot sequence was set to selective start-up (system drivers and start up items only). So I changed it back to normal, deselected protection early start in Malwarebytes and after two restart sequences both Malwarebytes and Avast (with all exclusions) are functioning with all protection layers turned on and the icon is in taskbar. Checked a few more cold boots from turn off and all okay. So it looks like the selective start up was the issue and not Malwarebytes! 

So can happily report that Malwarebytes is working perfectly on all my PCs and laptops.  Hope that continues.

Edited by mightaswell