Web Protection not starting

1 hour ago, RayBellamy said:

Keeps doing it to my windows 7 computer.  Only started after updating to version 3.3.1. If I mange to get  Web Protection on  at  all it goes off later. Keeps doing it all the time.

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Hi,

Please find attached files. Did not come out as a zip file hope that is O.K. There is also a file created after doing a clean install and a JRT file.

If the problem persists I was going to try to revert to version 3.2.2 had no problems with that.

Thanks for your time,

RayBellamy.

Sorry it has come out as a zip file, sent them all anyway.

mb-clean-results.txt

JRT.txt

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

mb-check-results.zip

4 hours ago, RayBellamy said:

If the problem persists I was going to try to revert to version 3.2.2 had no problems with that.

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list as mentioned in this FAQ HERE (my list below includes the exe files as well)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Next.

Let us get a clean install of the current version. 3.3.1

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product .

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed. If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.

To Porthos,

The only Anti-Virus I have on my computer is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have added all the files and folders you have listed and also in the link. By copying and pasting into this programs Excluded Processes and Excluded Files and Locations. section.

Will wait  and see if it has cured the issue with Web Protection switching off, as it used to appear , after trying different things like uninstalling and reinstalling. Doing a clean install, that it was O.K.. Till starting up the computer a warning would come up Web Protection Switched Off.

Still I have confidence your instructions will cure the issue, thanks for your time. Cheers.

RayBellamy