MB Premium 3.3.1 - Items Scanned Much Higher Than Expected

I'm not sure if this change happened immediately following the recent update but I just noticed it today.

Whenever I manually scan a single file, it's showing Items Scanned between 165-169.  Most recently scans are showing 169 items, and when I manually scan 2 files, it's 170 items.

This happens regardless of the file type.  I scanned the attached scan report txt file and it came back as 169 items scanned.

Is this expected behaviour following the recent update?  It almost looks like it's including processes or services or something in the scan total.  I didn't see anything like that in the update notes though and haven't seen any other reports of that happening.

It caught me off guard because typically in the past, even scanning archives, it will only show a count of 1 whereas MSE will count all the files in the archive.

I did a full system scan with MB and it found nothing and scans of the same files with MSE find nothing and reflect the expected file count.

Scan Report.txt

@vbarytskyy

Thanks for the prompt response!  I do have Chrome installed.

I was just about to edit my post to add that it looks like the number jumped as a result of the heuristic analysis portion of the scan.

Edited by sxn
added tag