Can't find the license server

MWB is driving me to distraction with its clinginess - seems it's just afraid to let go of Mummy's hand and stand on its own two feet!  I haven't got the computer connected to the internet at the moment: I can understand MWB being uneasy about not being able to connect to the update server, but why on earth does it need to constantly contact the license server?!  It's only been 3 hours at most since it last checked that I had a valid licence: I go out to the shops, and when I come back there are 3 angsty messages about how it can't contact the license server!  Surely it doesn't actually need to check that I have a licence more than once a day, if that?

/rant   

15 minutes ago, alisp said:

It's only been 3 hours at most since it last checked that I had a valid licence: I go out to the shops, and when I come back there are 3 angsty messages about how it can't contact the license server! 

If the computer is ON why is it not connected? By default MB checks for updates hourly. It is the same server as the license server. And checks the license each time it is contacted for an update.

Because I haven't got any antivirus active on there at the moment, owing to the conflict between it and MWB.  And anyway. not everyone is plugged into the internet 24/7.

Interestingly, though, I don't get nearly as many messages about not being able to update as I do about checking the licence.

Edited by alisp

46 minutes ago, alisp said:

Because I haven't got any antivirus active on there at the moment

Turn it off.:rolleyes: Or put it to sleep. Nothing can infect you when it is sleeping or off.

46 minutes ago, alisp said:

not everyone is plugged into the internet 24/7.

A good many are. (most)

49 minutes ago, alisp said:

I don't get nearly as many messages about not being able to update

You only get alerted if you are out of date more than 24 Hours.