IP Blocker Interfering with Remote Desktop Connections

I'm having problems with the IP Protection interfering with Remote Desktop Connections within my LAN. I am using Vista and XP Pro on my equipment, but Remote Desktop still uses much of the tsclient architecture in both OS's. There are no error messages or blocking messages associated with this behavior, Remote Desktop Assistance just doesn't work with IP Protection turned on. I must turn off IP Protection on all machines for Remote Desktop Assistance to work properly.

The frustrating thing is that there is no way to turn it off and not have it come back on when the machines are rebooted in the morning. There are many layers of security on my network and on our access to the Internet. I really don't need "protection" that I can't control especially when it just appears and I have to figure out why I can't help my users and monitor my servers. I don't even want to talk about all the calls to the Help Desk from users about "infected IP sites". Suffice it to say that IP Protection has been a major headache.

Are you planning to give us an off-switch that truly turns it off?

Thanks

• Staff

Yes, we're working to add more control to the IP Protection and fix bugs in systems where it seems to be unable to disable. Bear with us as we work to make these improvements as soon as possible