Malwarebytes Web Protection will not start

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Rootkit scanning is not enabled by default.

The staff is trying to help you clean your system. Please boot into safe mode and try the special rootkit tool from there.

Porthos...........

Since I pay good money for multiple licenses, root kit scanning should be set to default, considering they claim to be be a system to battle viruses as well as malware. 

If I turn it on, and restart the system it should WIPE a virus. It's WORTHLESS to me if a simple little virus can kick the crap out of this system.

It's good you're here to "help them" With that being said, they need to be the ones telling me what to do, and how to clean my system. OTHERWISE, they need to hire you for support. 

Yes, I was able to download the "special tool" However, it will not open or activate. This "virus" is blocking your "special tool" from installing. No matter what I do, it will not open. Malwarebytes still opens, but the web protection is still disabled. Bordering cancelling your product subscription and moving to something like Avast, which I have scanning that P.C. right now. 

• Staff

If you want to cancel, that's fine, but I will tell you that Avast will not be able to remove this infection.  Even if you cancel the subscription, please continue to try to work with me to clear this infection.

What about the mbar.zip from this webpage https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1267   Are you saying that won't respond either when you follow the instructions on that page?

• Staff

That should tell you just how insidious this infection is - it's pretty bad when they specifically target our tools - they know we can detect and remove it.

I need to know that you followed the instructions exactly - you extracted all, then you clicked the mbar.cmd file?  The one that has an icon that looks like gears?

• Staff

Okay, but it is already 7:30pm my time and I need to go offline.  When Avast is done, please run a new scan with FRST64.exe and send me the new logs so I can see what's left and the new name of the driver that is keeping this in place - that driver changes file names on each reboot to evade detection and removal