Repost Nothing Runs - PC Antispyware2010 and Windows Antivirus Pro

RayA

This is a repost of a request originally posted 8/11 at 9:11AM Eastern Time

Original Post:

I havepicked up PC Antispyware 2010 and Windows Antivirus Pro. Malwarebytes Anti Malware, and many other programs, will not run, even in Safe Mode. I tried to install Hijack This from a thumb drive, and it will not run. All programs in the Control Panel do not run.

After HJT and MWB wouldn't install, I decided to try from Safe Mode, but the computer will no longer boot to Safe Mode.

Help!!!!!

Additional information:

I have renamed mbam.exe to iexplore.exe. This allows mwb to start and run for about 3 or 4 minutes before Windows shuts down. during that process, mny infected objects are found....but apparantly no log file is created until the scan is complete.

I am running Winows XP Media Edition SP2.

I need this computer as I use it to access my work computer.

Thanks in advance.

• Staff

Duplicates closed.

Please don't start any new threads anymore, because the more posts you start with the same issue, the longer people have to wait to get help. This because this creates a huge backlog. Since we always look at the older posts first, and new threads are started in between, duplicates, they will rather get ignored. Please understand that we are swamped with logs, so it really will help if people don't start multiple threads for their problem.

Thanks for understanding.

I'll close this thread and leave one of your threads still open, so please be patient.