Just a few PUP's?

pcpunk

I keep getting these, and I think they are relatively harmless but I don't really know.  I did a little research...very little...as I don't fully understand most of this stuff.  This is what I keep getting below.  I have no bad Toolbars or anything in Programs and Features.

PUP.Optional.Conduit, C:\USERS\CHRIS\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data, No Action By User, [579], [454835],1.0.3230
PUP.Optional.Trovi, C:\USERS\CHRIS\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data, No Action By User, [4977], [454808],1.0.3230

I did a little research about "Conduit" at MBAM.com HERE and HERE but I have run a bevy of all the programs suggested at malwareremovalguides.info.  

I suspect it is from installing Auslogics DiskDefrag at one time not to long ago, but before all these AntiMalware programs were run.  I uninstalled DiskDefrag since.  So what do I need to do to get rid of this thing forever?

Now I think it is because I installed "GoToMeeting" to listen to one of my favorite Webinars.  

I just scanned "GoToMeeting" Folder and got the same darn PUP's!  When I quarantined them Chrome Shut down!

I wonder how to deal with this, just Whitelist that folder and not worry about it?  I thought that was a legit program, and I guess it is, but some use this program safely?

Thanks pcpunk

As I was following the Second Part of those Instructions, I found Trovi Search was in my "Other search engine" under "Manage Search Engines"

The First Part of those directions did not work, the Reset Chrome Sync part.

The Second part of those directions did not work either, so I will go ahead and Whitelist what they said to or the GoToMeeting Folder.

On 11/17/2017 at 10:04 AM, pcpunk said:

I just scanned "GoToMeeting" Folder and got the same darn PUP's!  When I quarantined them Chrome Shut down!

Isn't this the culprit guys?  This was not a problem until this was installed, and that is part of the reason I posted here.  I Scanned this folder and got the same detection again.

Either way the Detection is gone now.  I followed the first part of the directions and Rebooted.

Then I ran a Scan again, and the Detections were still there.  I then Cleaned out/Deleted some "Other search engines" one being "Trovi Search" or something to that effect, and now all good so far. 

I did not see anything relating to "Conduit" in Other search engines, but did see lot's of stuff that I didn't think I needed, and Deleted them.

Thanks for all the help! hope all will be good from now on with this one

• Staff

Good to hear you got it cleaned up.

Yes, Chrome will shut down when cleaning files related to it. It has to be shut down in order to clean the bad data from the "in use" files so this is normal.

GoToMeeting is OK to have, it was likely the Chrome running in memory that was also scanned & it's related files (Web Data, etc) that still had the bad data. (Trovi, Conduit)

Keep well,