false positive - veryfast

veryfast

following my previous topic where Andres Ortiz (Malware Intelligence Analyst) declared we're a PUP and closed the topic, here is my response

This is FALSE POSITIVE, Fast! is not a PUP

1. It's a real product - changing the way PCs work using predictive algorithms

2. it is NOT obtrusive, misleading, or deceptive advertising, branding, or search practices

3. We are NOT using pop-ups, pop-unders, ad-insertion, ad-overlays, ad replacement

4. We don't do excessive or deceptive distribution, affiliate or opt-out bundling practices which may or may not include SEO poisoning techniques

5. We do not practice aggressive or deceptive behavior especially surrounding purchasing or licensing, including using affiliates & third parties who use different tactics or techniques to get users to purchase, than what is available from the manufacturer's website

6. We do not perform unwarranted, unnecessary, excessive, illegitimate, or deceptive modifications of system settings, security settings or configuration (including browser settings and toolbars that bring no additional value over standard Operating System and legitimate application settings)

7. We are not using fake installers for commonly used software (such as Adobe Flash Player) to push your product

8. We don't find anything and are not using exaggerated findings (such as claiming temp files, cookies, registry entries, etc are harmful) as scare tactics to get users to purchase

9. We are not using technical support scam tactics

10. One click full uninstall, definitely not difficulty uninstalling or removing the software

12 . We are improving user experience,  not hurting or diminishing end user experience

13. No other practices generally accepted as riskware, scareware, adware, greyware, or otherwise commonly unwanted software by the user community

We do nothing of the above - Please REMOVE us from your listings

The site never clearly describes what the software is doing or how it's doing it.

"PCs are slow by design" - seriously? You are seriously trying to market your software by saying that a PC is slow by design? That is the most absurd thing I've read all day. :lol:

PC "optimizers" (game "boosters", RAM optimizers/cleaners, register optimizers/cleaners, etc.) do more harm than good to any computer system. They advertise that they can do all of these wondrous things that will make your computer run so much better, faster, and be more responsive. When in fact they stop services that are running for a good reason (leave services alone!), try to "defrag" your RAM, and many other unnecessary things that degrade your computers performance instead of optimizing it.

As @Zynthesist has said and I fully agree with, this is indeed a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). I would immediately uninstall this "Fast!" software from any computer I'd work on.

1 minute ago, Tarun said:

The site never clearly describes what the software is doing or how it's doing it.

"PCs are slow by design" - seriously? You are seriously trying to market your software by saying that a PC is slow by design? That is the most absurd thing I've read all day. :lol:

PC "optimizers" (game "boosters", RAM optimizers/cleaners, register optimizers/cleaners, etc.) do more harm than good to any computer system. They advertise that they can do all of these wondrous things that will make your computer run so much better, faster, and be more responsive. When in fact they stop services that are running for a good reason (leave services alone!), try to "defrag" your RAM, and many other unnecessary things that degrade your computers performance instead of optimizing it.

As @Zynthesist has said and I fully agree with, this is indeed a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). I would immediately uninstall this "Fast!" software from any computer I'd work on.

@Tarun - are you a member of malwarebytes team?

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to false positive - veryfast