Robert0117

MBAM Premium 3.3.1 Blocking 255.255.255.255

1 minute ago, Ried said:

Please update the database, the blocks should no longer be occurring. Can you please confirm that for us?

Thanks, that was quick!

It has seemed to stop now I've updated the DB. Thanks!

edit - for Dropbox.exe that is

Edited by MuffinMan

2 minutes ago, Ried said:

Please update the database, the blocks should no longer be occurring. Can you please confirm that for us?

Just updated. Alert message seems to have disappeared.

3 minutes ago, Ried said:

Seems to have done the trick. Good work MB.

I had one showing up for Steam out of all things, and this one actually screwed up a lot of game connections. Glad the database is updated to fix this false positive, but I'm starting to wonder how it happened in the first place.

False Positive.png

I ran a scan, and then it stopped with the blocking notifications (at least for now). I guess it updated itself and then it was fine.

Thanks for fixing it!!!! One wonders what was happening tho.

Edited by WhiteKelly

Same thing here, always

IP Address: 255.255.255.255
Port: [68]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Got me going a bit, even though I knew 255.255.255.255 is no website, and dropped everything to do scans, which all came up clean.

Lo & behold, log in here, see this thread, update database and all is well.

Well done!

15 minutes ago, WhiteKelly said:

I ran a scan, and then it stopped with the blocking notifications (at least for now). I guess it updated itself and then it was fine

That's because Malwarebytes checks for updates prior to running a scan. The new database just happened to go up before you ran the scan. :)

Just ran a scan, deleted the exclusion, still getting website blocked popups, 255.255.255.255, ...dropbox.exe.  On TWO different systems, one running premium 3.2.2, the other premium 3.3.1