Question about Malwarebyte's Findings

I decided to download Malwarebytes for a "second opinion" to Norton Security which I have had for many years.  I downloaded Malwarebytes Free right after I turned on my computer and immediately ran a scan.  Malwarebytes found Trojan.BHO.generic in Internet Explorer Toolbar and quarantined it.  I don't use Internet Explorer, so I don't know how a Trojan got there and since Norton never found this, do you think this was really a Trojan? 

Malwarebytes also found Virus.Xpaj in its own file, C:\PROGRAMDATA\MALWAREBYTES\MBAMSERVICE\SCANRESULTS\POSTBUILD.EXE-K.MBAM and deleted it.  But how did that get there in the first place?  Did it come from downloading Malwarebytes?

Edited by whatoo
misspelling

• Staff

The virus.xpaj detection should no longer be detected in about 30 mins. This was an incorrect detection.

Basically make sure mbam is up to date with at least 3256 db version  and it should no longer be detecting this.

We update the database about 10 times a day at least.

Mbam normally updates to the latest when a scan is launched.