Malware Bytes Premium disappears from windows 10 system

NickHC

Just went to do my weekly PC scan and yet again Malwarebytes  Premium edition has disappeared from my PC. This is the third or fourth time it has happened. I do a re-install, check for anything amiss and it finds nothing. I also have Norton installed and it finds nothing even on its deep search.  This problem seems related to new updates when a new installation is done. 

:welcome: Hi NickHc.

Sorry that you had trouble.  What version of Malwarebytes is now installed?   What version did the pc have prior to that ?

Was there ever an occasion during a setup run that you chose to delay a Reboot  ( a windows Restart when prompted) ?

We do need to get reports from your PC in order to see what had happened.

1. Please get & SAVE Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)   and later run it to get logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  2. Create and obtain an mb-check log
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Thank you.