Malwarebytes Stops (gets stuck)

Hiya,

I was just reading the 2 posts on how to stop this with Norton and PcCillin, but I'm running PC Tools Spyware Doctor and I have just now added the mbam.exe file to the Global Action List to allow it, is there anything else I need to do for this program? And is this what is stopping it? It gets stuck every time it seems at the same exact amount of time scanned which is wierd, 27 min. 10 sec. same area scanning but not same file so not sure if my virus scanning program is doing it or not, please advise and thanks in advance.

• Staff

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Is this during a full scan or quick scan? If full please switch to the default quick scan. Then see if it freezes.

Malwarebytes does not recommend full scans to search for malware. Our quick scan is designed to find all the places malware loads in memory and hides from conventional scanners.

Hiya,

Thanks I'll try that tonight then and see, it's been always with full scan which is what I tend to use for all the scanners I do. Question though... why have a full scan on the program if it's not going to work? Just curious, I'm glad that it is supposed to be thorough enough with a quick scan, just that it should still be able to do the full scans too shouldn't it?

• Staff
Question though... why have a full scan on the program if it's not going to work? Just curious, I'm glad that it is supposed to be thorough enough with a quick scan, just that it should still be able to do the full scans too shouldn't it?
People expect to see one, so we have it, that's it. We never recommend users run them. Ever.

We'll find all active malware in memory with our quick scan, and that's all that matters.

• Staff
Hiya,

It didn't work still, this time it stopped a few minutes sooner than it was doing before so I'm thinking it probably was different times before too and just looked like it was the same time all the time? Just guessing but probably. Any other ideas please?

Did you try disabling the av altogether, just to see what it does?

• 4 years later...

my licenced program got stuck on a game file when doing a full scan , let it sit there trying to scan this 1 tiny file for several hours before i serched for these posts here about this problem , this is also imedietly after a clean remove and fresh instal , anyone have a clue what's going on here?....

i'll try running a scan in safe mode tomorrow too....

Hello and welcome, iamli3: :)

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

>>This topic is nearly 5 years old!!!<<< :o
So, please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide you with individual help to get you up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

oh k , thought it would be less confusing if all reports of a single issue were on the same topic , though that wont be nessisary for me anymore as i seem to have discovered what the cause of the problem was , whenever the com would enter screen saver mode malwarebytes would get stuck and would not read past the imediate file or take any other commands even in safe mode which is what i just tried , so im gonna try a scan with screensavering disabled.....