MBAE Beta 1.11.1.26

hake

CORRECTED IMPRESSIONS of MBAE Beta 1.11.1.26

I have installed MBAE Beta 1.11.1.26 on one Windows XP SP3 system and two Windows 7 (64bit) systems and have noticed nothing amiss on Windows 7 and one of my XP systems. I  tried installing MBAE 1.11.1.26 on my other XP system but it does not like MBAE 1.11.1.26 and had to be reverted to MBAE 1.10.1.24.

With the working Windows XP/MBAE 1.11.1.26 combination, protected applications now behave as they should and there seem to be no issues with running .bat files. This is the first version of MBAE Beta since MBAE 1.10.1.24 which works as I would wish it to, on one system at least.

In addition I have enabled EVERY advanced settings option without any complaint by my protected applications. I am not recommending users to do this but am simply observing that enabling all advanced settings causes me no problems on the systems on which MBAE 1.11.1.26 actually works properly.

As I said above, one XP system seems to consistently behave as it did with MBAE 1.10.1.24 but the other worked OK for a short while only and then reverted to the behaviour I reported in an earlier post with MBAE 1.10.1.41. The non-co-operating XP system runs a couple of protected applications after startup but something seems to then get switched off. If MBAE protection is stopped, then protected applications will run. Start MBAE protection again and the problem resumes. Windows Task Manager tells me that the protected applications actually start and then hang. The processes remain on the task list even when MBAE protection is stopped.  The other XP system continues to work happily with MBAE 1.11.1.26 so the developers of MBAE must have made some progress in overcoming the XP problems.

I guess that users of XP might usefully try MBAE Beta 1.11.1.26 for themselves but don't be surprised if MBAE 1.11.1.26 does not work.

Edited by hake

DISAPPOINTMENT!

The apparently successful Windows XP installation of MBAE 1.11.1.26 went wrong after several hours of satisfactory use.

I had to do a system restore to get MBAE 1.10.1.24 back because installing a working MBAE 1.10.1.24 was not possible after uninstalling MBAE 1.11.1.26.

I do not know if this also problem applies to installations of MBAE 1.11.1.26 on Windows 7. I hope not.

I should add that I had no problem uninstalling MBAE 1.11.1.26 and then reinstalling MBAE 1.10.1.24 on the Windows XP system on which MBAE 1.11.1.26 did NOT work properly.

On the Windows XP system on which the uninstall of MBAE 1.11.1.26 was a difficulty, I will take the precaution of trying the next MBAE Beta on a clone of my working system disk before deciding whether to install it on my actual working system disk.

Edited by hake

On 11/11/2017 at 11:04 PM, hake said:

I had to do a system restore to get MBAE 1.10.1.24 back because installing a working MBAE 1.10.1.24 was not possible after uninstalling MBAE 1.11.1.26.

This is getting messy!  I have tried a number of MBAE versions on one of my XP systems, v.26 included, however, with no success.  It works for a short while then programs won't load properly and I uninstall MBAE and run without.  Now, after weeks of doing this, I wanted to reinstall v.24, but that does NOT work either as the service won't start.  As I don't use System Restore, any suggestions how to get .v24 installed?

PS: I use clean_mbae.bat to remove traces of MBAE before reinstall, however, that didn't help.  Maybe installing v.40 and then remove it before installing v.24 helps.  Seems like a messy way to go...

30 minutes ago, CeeBee said:

I use clean_mbae.bat to remove traces of MBAE before reinstall, however, that didn't help.  Maybe installing v.40 and then remove it before installing v.24 helps.

UPDATE: per the above, I installed MBAE 1.11.1.40 and that didn't work (as expected).  Then, I uninstalled v.40 and reinstalled MBAE 1.10.1.24 without using clean_mbae.bat and that worked (the service started).  So, granted that the old v.24 continues to work/start, I'll stay there for now .. until someone reports a permanent update fix for XP systems.

• 2 weeks later...