jayman1000

Why are www.playerauctions.com blocked in the website protection?

Why are www.playerauctions.com blocked in the website protection? This is afaik a reputable site, no scams or malware, and they take both seller and buyer protection very seriously (and for obvious reasons: they make money from running a successful auction site, more secure = better business). Just wondering if Malwarebytes just blocks all sites selling virtual currency? (but why?)

Edited by jayman1000

4 hours ago, leo3487 said:

No, only sites than use user´s CPU for minning

what do you mean "mining", can you explain?

On 11/12/2017 at 12:19 PM, Dashke said:

Hello jayman1000,

The website breaks ToS by selling accounts, items, gold etc.

So what you're saying is that Malwarebytes also blocks sites that has nothing to do with my security? Because whether the site breaks game ToS or not doesn't compromise my security one bit. If what you say is true then I can safely exclude this site from blocking. However if there are other issues, you know actual SECURITY issues, with the site, I would not want to deactivate protection.

I'd like my Malwarebyte to care about my security. Period. I need to be able to trust that when Malwarebytes block a site it does so because of a security issue, not some entirely other issues.

Edited by jayman1000

34 minutes ago, Zynthesist said:

Hello,

Please have a look here for further details:

https://hosts-file.net/?s=classifications

Thank you for the link. However I read through that article but I do not see how www.playerauctions.com fit under any of those categories. Can you explain how you think the site is related here?

Edited by jayman1000

22 minutes ago, Zynthesist said:

It is an FSA classification.

How? Can you be a bit more specific? The site doesn't vendor bogus products, or fraudulent services. I also don't see any selling of comments, likes, ratings, votes, so how can it fit under these subscriptions? Or if it actual does, can you mention what it actually is?

11 hours ago, Zynthesist said:

It is an FSA classification.

10 hours ago, jayman1000 said:

How? Can you be a bit more specific? The site doesn't vendor bogus products, or fraudulent services. I also don't see any selling of comments, likes, ratings, votes, so how can it fit under these subscriptions? Or if it actual does, can you mention what it actually is?

From the very vague answers I have been given here I am prone to assume that there is very little risk to visiting www.playerauctions.com; but if that is the case that the risk is very low then why on earth is Malwarebytes blocking the site?? I just don't understand why you guys can't just give me a straight up answer. Please, just tell me the naked truth: Based on your knowledge, what is the actual and concrete risk of visiting the site?

Edited by jayman1000

On 11/12/2017 at 3:19 AM, Dashke said:

Hello jayman1000,

The website breaks ToS by selling accounts, items, gold etc.

Details were provided about the block.

1 hour ago, Zynthesist said:

Details were provided about the block.

Ok this IS the (only?) reason for the block? That they sell game accounts, items and gold? Thank you for confirming that the site (to your knowledge) poses no security risk when visiting it, I can now safely exclude the url from protection, right? The block has nothing to do with security, malware, fraudulent services etc. I just wish that Malwarebytes would tell me this when blocking, because surely there are sites that ARE being blocked because they are malicious and dangerous to visit. So why not tell your users so we can know the difference?

Edited by jayman1000

We are always looking at ways to improve and develop new features and options as far as blocked threats go and the details provided with the blocks. As for this specific FSA block as explained in hpHosts classifications, it differentiates from EMD, EXP and HJK classifications.  

3 hours ago, Zynthesist said:

We are always looking at ways to improve and develop new features and options as far as blocked threats go and the details provided with the blocks. As for this specific FSA block as explained in hpHosts classifications, it differentiates from EMD, EXP and HJK classifications.  

Thank you for your answers. I think you could do well if your made more indepth or explanatory answers, because I feel like I have to drag information out of you constantly; there's no need for that it's terribly tedious. I just want to know whether a particular site is actually dangerous to visit or if it merely is slabbed under some abstract classification without posing any real risk. There's a HUGE difference between visiting a site that has actual security risks that can infect my browser, computer etc and a site that breaks game ToS. But Malwarebytes doesn't inform me of the difference. I thank you for the assistance, but I hope you can see the issue I am pointing out here, maybe you guys could think about providing an option to toggle displaying the actual cause of the block (for example: one reason could be " breaks ToS by selling accounts, items, gold etc." another could be "spreads malware, infects your browser", "is a known scam site". etc you get my point?).