Jump to content

Please help with Babylon PUP

Recommended Posts

Today I realised after a malwarebytes scan that I have the babylon PUP infecting(?) google chrome. I have tried many tools including malwarebytes, avast, ADWcleaner, FRST etc to try and diagnose and resolve the problem but with no luck. I (think) I have narrowed the problem down to a single file:
C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences
There is a line in this file which sets a startup URL to "http://search.babylon.com/?affID=111434&tt=010712_4&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=6e7008aa00000000000090a4dea255ab""http://search.babylon.com/?affID=111434&tt=010712_4&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=6e7008aa00000000000090a4dea255ab"

I can manually delete this file, but every time I start chrome, it is added again?
I have no idea what else I can do so any help will be greatly appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.