PUPs keep recurring

For the past three days my Malwarebytes scan has shown two PUPs. I quarantined them each time but they are back the next day. I've also noticed that Chrome is acting weird (no Google logo on home screen, Gmail and other links missing on home page) and today my default home page has changed to Yahoo! (from Google).

Attached are the requested logs.

Thanks.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Malw Threat Scan.txt

1 hour ago, PatP3005 said:

Wasn't sure how to do PM, hope this is okay.

Web Data.zip

It's good that way :) Now, follow the instructions in the thread below.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214325-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-comes-back/

52 minutes ago, squeak2011 said:

I have this same problem. I just ran three different scans. I'm not very good at computers, so I have no idea what to do :(

Can you attach your Malwarebytes log scan where I can see the detection?

I'm still seeing the same two PUPs in my scan. Here is what I've done:

Checked to be sure Malwarebytes was updated - my Malwarebytes Premium program says it is ver. 3.2.2.2029. I have the Automatic Updates option ON. Looking at the dashboard where it says Updates, it shows Current. I clicked it anyway just to be sure but it still shows ver. 3.2.2.2029. Followed the next steps anyway.

Closed Chrome, ran another scan, quarantining the PUPs, then rebooted. Did another scan, PUPs still detected.

Followed the directions exactly in the Chrome Secure Preference article to disable SYNC. My screens were exactly like those in the directions and i had no variances from the directions.

Closed the browser (including turning off Chrome running in the background), and ran another scan. PUPs still detected.

Rebooted computer, ran another scan. PUPs still detected.

Are there any programs I should be sure are closed or any settings in Chrome I should check? Thanks.

P.S. Just occurred to me that I should try downloading a new instance of Malwarebytes and then trying the above again. I'll be doing that while I wait to hear from you again.

Edited by PatP3005
add P.S.

Ok. I had already done the procedure you sent me on 11/10 (see 11/10 above) but I just did it again. The PUPs are still there.

Here is a list of the steps I took:

Scan
Quarantine
Reboot
Scan
Quarantine
Close all instances of Chrome (incl. running in background)
Go to Chrome Settings
Sync was already disabled from the earlier time I did this procedure so unable to disable it
Couldn't reset Sync because it wasn't running
Close Chrome (incl. background)
Scan
Quarantine
Reboot
Scan
Quarantine

And, here we are.

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!