HELP! my laptop has been infected by malware

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi anotherhmistakenhuman :)

My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your malware issue. Since we'll be working together, you can call me Aura or Yoan, which is my real name, it's up to you! Now that we've broke the ice, I'll just ask you a few things during the time we'll be working together to clean your system and get it back to an operational state.

• As you'll notice, the logs we are asking for here are quite lenghty, so it's normal for me to not reply exactly after you post them. This is because I need some time to analyse them and then act accordingly. However, I'll always reply within 24 hours, 48 hours at most if something unexpected happens
  • As long as I'm assisting you on Malwarebytes Forums, in this thread, I'll ask you to not seek assistance anywhere else for any issue related to the system we are working on. If you have an issue, question, etc. about your computer, please ask it in this thread and I'll assist you
  • The same principle applies to any modifications you make to your system, I would like you to ask me before you do any manipulations that aren't in the instructions I posted. This is to ensure that we are operating in sync and I know exactly what's happening on your system
  • If you aren't sure about an instruction I'm giving you, ask me about it. This is to ensure that the clean-up process goes without any issue. I'll answer you and even give you more precise instructions/explanations if you need. There's no shame in asking questions here, better be safe than sorry!
  • If you don't reply to your thread within 3 days, I'll bump this thread to let you know that I'm waiting for you. If you don't reply after 5 days, it'll be closed. If you return after that period, you can send me a PM to get it unlocked and we'll continue where we left off;
  • Since malware can work quickly, we want to get rid of them as fast as we can, before they make unknown changes to the system. This being said, I would appreciate if you could reply to this thread within 24 hours of me posting. This way, we'll have a good clean-up rhythm and the chances of complications will be reduced
  • I'm against any form of pirated, illegal and counterfeit software and material. So if you have any installed on your system, I'll ask you to uninstall them right now. You don't have to tell me if you indeed had some or not, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Plus, this would be against Malwarebytes Forums's rules
  • In the end, you are the one asking for assistance here. So if you wish to go a different way during the clean-up, like format and reinstall Windows, you are free to do so. I would appreciate you to let me know about it first, and if you need, I can also assist you in the process
  • I would appreciate if you were to stay with me until the end, which means, until I declare your system clean. Just because your system isn't behaving weirdly anymore, or is running better than before, it doesn't mean that the infection is completely gone
    This being said, I have a full time job so sometimes it'll take longer for me to reply to you. Don't worry, you'll be my first priority as soon as I get home and have time to look at your thread

This being said, it's time to clean-up some malware, so let's get started, shall we? :)

Follow the instructions in the thread below, and provide me both FRST logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt). You can attach them in your next post, or copy/paste their content.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/9573-im-infected-what-do-i-do-now/

Alright follow the instructions below.

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Fix mode
Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST.exe/FRST64.exe executable is located)
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Click on the Fix button
    NYA5Cbr.png
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad
  • Copy and paste its content in your next reply

fixlist.txt

That's alright. Now, can you try to run a scan with Malwarebytes and see if it works?

j1Bynr2.pngMalwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply

here it is! can i ask? what is in my computer? also, i think the malware found a way to hide from malware bytes as multiple svchost has been slowing up my laptop and the files hasn't been restored to their proper associated program (like mp4 files to windows media player)

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 11/11/17
Scan Time: 1:40 PM
Log File: dff32744-c6a2-11e7-9d80-60eb692adce3.json
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.3.1.2183
Components Version: 1.0.236
Update Package Version: 1.0.3228
License: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: A\Administrator

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 395927
Threats Detected: 6
Threats Quarantined: 6
Time Elapsed: 31 min, 25 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Detect
PUM: Detect

-Scan Details-
Process: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 4
PUP.Optional.UCBrowser, C:\Users\Administrator.GNMQ3W4PTF9AO0V\AppData\Local\UCBrowser\User Data_i18n\Default\data_reduction_proxy_leveldb, Quarantined, [1376], [380109],1.0.3228
PUP.Optional.UCBrowser, C:\Users\Administrator.GNMQ3W4PTF9AO0V\AppData\Local\UCBrowser\User Data_i18n\Default, Quarantined, [1376], [380109],1.0.3228
PUP.Optional.UCBrowser, C:\Users\Administrator.GNMQ3W4PTF9AO0V\AppData\Local\UCBrowser\User Data_i18n, Quarantined, [1376], [380109],1.0.3228
PUP.Optional.UCBrowser, C:\USERS\ADMINISTRATOR.GNMQ3W4PTF9AO0V\APPDATA\LOCAL\UCBROWSER, Quarantined, [1376], [380109],1.0.3228

File: 2
PUP.Optional.UCBrowser, C:\Users\Administrator.GNMQ3W4PTF9AO0V\AppData\Local\UCBrowser\User Data_i18n\Default\data_reduction_proxy_leveldb\LOG, Quarantined, [1376], [380109],1.0.3228
Generic.Malware/Suspicious, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OEM.EXE, Quarantined, [0], [392686],1.0.3228

Physical Sector: 0

(end)

Edited by anotherhmistakenhuman
this is the one after the rebbot

here it is! can i ask? what is in my computer?

You seem to be infected with a lot of things. At the end, I'll collect all the samples we deleted with FRST from your system and I should be able to tell you what you were infected with.

always keep on saying that a scan has never been run even though i did scan a few hours ago

We'll check this at the end of the clean-up.

Now, let's do a sweep with AdwCleaner and RogueKiller.

zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner - Fix Mode

• Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop
  • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Clean button. This will kill all active processes
    V7SD4El.png
  • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply

RQKuhw1.pngRogueKiller

• Download the right version of RogueKiller for your Windows version (32 or 64-bit)
  • Once done, move the executable file to your Desktop, right-click on it and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Click on the Start Scan button in the right panel, which will bring you to another tab, and click on it again (this time it'll be in the bottom right corner)
  • Wait for the scan to complete
  • On completion, the results will be displayed
  • Check every single entry (threat found), and click on the Remove Selected button
  • On completion, the results will be displayed. Click on the Open Report button in the bottom left corner, followed by the Open TXT button (also in the bottom left corner)
  • This will open the report in Notepad. Copy/paste its content in your next reply

Your next reply(ies) should therefore contain:

• Copy/pasted AdwCleaner clean log
  • Copy/pasted RogueKiller clean log

here is the adwcleaner log

# AdwCleaner 7.0.4.0 - Logfile created on Sun Nov 12 02:30:04 2017
# Updated on 2017/27/10 by Malwarebytes 
# Running on Windows 7 Ultimate (X64)
# Mode: clean
# Support: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services deleted.

***** [ Folders ] *****

Deleted: C:\Program Files (x86)\DriverToolkit
Deleted: C:\Users\Administrator.GNMQ3W4PTF9AO0V\AppData\Local\DriverToolkit
Deleted: C:\Users\Administrator.GNMQ3W4PTF9AO0V\AppData\Roaming\DRPSu

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files deleted.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs cleaned.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI cleaned.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts cleaned.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

Deleted: DRIVERTOOLKIT AUTORUN

***** [ Registry ] *****

Deleted: [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-2782889969-1156536573-3177148981-500\Software\DriverToolkit
Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\DriverToolkit
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3CCC052E-BDEE-408A-BEA7-90914EF2964B}
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{61F47056-E400-43D3-AF1E-AB7DFFD4C4AD}
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E2B98EEA-EE55-4E9B-A8C1-6E5288DF785A}
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\ByteFence File Scan
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\ByteFence
Deleted: [Key] - HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\ByteFence
Deleted: [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-2782889969-1156536573-3177148981-500\Software\ByteFence
Deleted: [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\ByteFence
Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\ByteFence
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application
Deleted: [Value] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION|ByteFence.exe
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Reason\ReasonByteFence
Deleted: [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\drpsu
Deleted: [Key] - HKU\S-1-5-21-2782889969-1156536573-3177148981-500\Software\drpsu
Deleted: [Key] - HKCU\Software\drpsu

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries deleted.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

Plugin deleted: MSN Homepage & Bing Search Engine - 

::Tracing keys deleted
::Winsock settings cleared
::Additional Actions: 0

C:/AdwCleaner/AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [2833 B] - [2017/11/12 2:25:2]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt ##########

Edited by anotherhmistakenhuman

here is the roguekiller log yoan

RogueKiller V12.11.23.0 (x64) [Nov  6 2017] (Free) by Adlice Software
mail : http://www.adlice.com/contact/
Blog : http://www.adlice.com

Operating System : Windows 7 (6.1.7601 Service Pack 1) 64 bits version
Started in : Normal mode
User : Administrator [Administrator]
Started from : C:\Users\Administrator.GNMQ3W4PTF9AO0V\Desktop\RogueKiller_portable64.exe
Mode : Delete -- Date : 11/12/2017 10:36:18 (Duration : 00:51:00)

¤¤¤ Processes : 5 ¤¤¤
[VT.Unknown] BEService.exe(1412) -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye\BEService.exe[-] -> Killed [TermProc]
[VT.Unknown] DbxSvc.exe(1888) -- C:\Windows\System32\DbxSvc.exe[-] -> Killed [TermProc]
[VT.Unknown] WLIDSVC.EXE(2544) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE[-] -> Killed [TermProc]
[VT.Unknown] WmiApSrv.exe(2568) -- C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe[-] -> Killed [TermProc]
[VT.Unknown] wmpnetwk.exe(4456) -- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe[-] -> Killed [TermProc]

¤¤¤ Registry : 9 ¤¤¤
[PUP.ByteFence|PUP.Gen1] (X86) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ByteFence -> Deleted
[PUP.DriverPack] (X86) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\drpsu -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen1] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2782889969-1156536573-3177148981-500\Software\eSupport.com -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen1] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2782889969-1156536573-3177148981-500\Software\eSupport.com -> Deleted
[PUP.ByteFence|PUP.Gen1] (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet002\Services\ByteFenceService ("C:\Program Files\ByteFence\ByteFenceService.exe") -> Deleted
[Suspicious.Path] (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet002\Services\esihdrv (\??\C:\Users\ADMINI~1.GNM\AppData\Local\Temp\esihdrv.sys) -> Deleted
[PUM.Proxy] (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet002\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\ManualProxies | (default) : 0http://noblockweb.net/wpad.dat?11c75957b3e6e6d14e46398fd340b67c23608377  -> Deleted
[PUM.SearchPage] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2782889969-1156536573-3177148981-500\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main | Search Bar : Preserve  -> Replaced (http://search.msn.com/spbasic.htm)
[PUM.SearchPage] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2782889969-1156536573-3177148981-500\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main | Search Bar : Preserve  -> Replaced (http://search.msn.com/spbasic.htm)

¤¤¤ Tasks : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Files : 1 ¤¤¤
[PUP.HackTool][File] C:\Windows\srvany.exe -> Deleted

¤¤¤ WMI : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Hosts File : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Antirootkit : 0 (Driver: Loaded) ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Web browsers : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ MBR Check : ¤¤¤
+++++ PhysicalDrive0: ATA WDC WD2500BEVT-6 SCSI Disk Device +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] d2428c23cd2fd9cc7ad69e3a5ff0fdf3
[BSP] 057fddad95e3bfc8eb6dae1cb9c8b23b : Windows Vista/7/8|VT.Unknown MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [ACTIVE] NTFS (0x7) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 2048 | Size: 238473 MB [Windows Vista/7/8 Bootstrap | Windows Vista/7/8 Bootloader]
User = LL1 ... OK
User = LL2 ... OK

Sorry, you might have noticed that this section is currently swamped with threads regarding the recent PUP detection in Google Chrome. I'm basically alone right now and trying to cover all of these threads at the same time. Add to that my real-life commitments and the time it takes to analyse logs, my replies might take longer than expected. We're almost done here though.

warning.gifMalicious Programs Warning!

I noticed that you have malicious programs installed on your system. I'll ask you to uninstall them since uninstalling such programs before running malware removal tools will ensure a better clean-up.

• Chromium
  • Yahoo! Powered

If you have an issue when uninstalling a program, please let me know.

LdH4gmf.pngGoogle Chrome - Remove Extension/App

• In Google Chrome, enter chrome://extensions in the address bar and press on Enter
  • In the Extensions page, uninstall these (by clicking on the little garbage can icon on their right)
    • hTab
  • If you don't see the extension listed, it means that it's installed as an App. So enter chrome://apps in the address bar and press on Enter
  • From the Apps page, look for the app, right-click on it and select Remove from Chrome

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Fix mode
Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST.exe/FRST64.exe executable is located)
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Click on the Fix button
    NYA5Cbr.png
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad
  • Copy and paste its content in your next reply

fixlist.txt

We'll get to it. For now, follow the instructions below.

Q9GdiYj.pngFarbar Service Scanner (FSS)
Follow the instructions below to run Farbar Service Scanner and provide a log.

• Download Farbar Service Scanner and move the executable to your Desktop
  • Right-click on FSS.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Check every options:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services

KUTc3I2.png
  • Once done, click on the Scan button to launch a scan
  • On completion, a Notepad file called FSS.txt (saved where FSS.exe was ran) will open. Copy and paste the content of this file in your next reply and post it