Why MalwareBytes can't remove PUP.Ask.

hcova

Hi there.

When I run AdwCleaner 7.0.4 it tells me that my computer is infected with PUP.Optional.22ChromeEXT. (Please see the attached AdeCleaner [2017.11.09-S8].txt report file.

However when I run MalwareBytes 3.3.1.2183 it shows me that my computer is infected with PUP.Optional.Ask. (Please see the attached MalwareBytes 3.3.1 (2017.1.09 log).txt file)

I have included HijackThis log report too. (Please see the attached hijackthis.log report file)

I am running windows 8.1.

Please anyone could help about :

a) Does my computer is infected with PUP malware

b) How can I remove this malware?  I have tried with both AdwCleaner and MalwareBytes without any success.   Each time I try to remove it with MalwareBytes and reboot my computer, and re sacn my computer the PUP is there!!

c) Is it possible that each time I run Chrome (with a lot of default pages) some web pages contains the infection? (For instance, chineese pages)

Warm Regards

Hernan Covarrubias

AdwCleaner[2017.11.09-S8].txt

MalwareBytes 3.3.1. (2017.11.09 log).txt

hijackthis.log

Edited by tetonbob
removed email address

Hi there.

I took a bit of time trying to solve the issue by myself.

After of trying many ways to eliminate PUP.Optional.Ask it was impossible the delete it for me.

MalwareByte detected it but it is unable to delete by itelf.

MalwareBytes says that the problem is the file C:\......\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\USER DATA\Default\Web Data

Any help will be welcome

Best Regards

Hernan

Dear Aura.

I followed your instructions without any results. I avoided consider the option of adding the detected file into the Malwarebytes' scan exclusion list.

Each time that MalwareBytes deleted the PUP malware, the next time I run MalwareBytes again, the malware continued in the computer.

Regards 

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!