I have no access to PayPal

2 hours ago, Anne__Burns said:

It is time for me to renew my subscription. I use PayPal to make my payment. Every time I try to access PayPal, I get a page can not be displayed page. What to do?

You should seek assistance to their customer support on their site. You are free to send messages about your concerns there and they will answer you or call you back immediately.

11 hours ago, Anne__Burns said:

It is time for me to renew my subscription. I use PayPal to make my payment. Every time I try to access PayPal, I get a page can not be displayed page. What to do?

I don't know if this helps or not, but I believe a recent MS update has affected a lot of HTTPS/secure websites making them fail to display frequently in Internet Explorer.  Have you tried another browser such as Chrome or Firefox to try to access the site?

I am currently waiting on the phone for PayPal tech support. I am going to try another browser and see if that works if need be. Thanks for everybody's help. That's why I love this website and will continue to be a premium member. 

Update- I downloaded and have Chrome to use. The Chrome page will not open to PayPal; can you believe it? I was waiting for over 40 minutes for customer service at PayPal and the call was dropped

Edited by Anne__Burns

you can try an http://www.opera.com/   Opera browser?  Or go to google & type in Paypal Locations -- I found three office buildings owned by Paypal in AZ.  There may be one near you! 

PayPal    Hours of Operation.   keep up the phone calls... 
4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday.   
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday       

See if this link helps: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/email/privacy

Can you log-in from a friends/family computer ?? 

This may work?  complaint-response@paypal.com               good luck! 

Edited by yardbird
more info

I just tried opera and have the same page can not be displayed message.

I did a 'search programs and files' and discovered that I still have some ghosts of HostsMan still in my machine even though it is not on my uninstall program list. That's probably why, when I try to click on a Google ad , I get that same page not displayed message.

Should I go to the Hosts website?

maybe in your next post ask for help if you think that HostsMan is still in your pc?  you may want to post logs, let someone read them.  good luck

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt

HostsMan is not an ad-blocking program; it is a program that allows you to modify your Windows computer’s HOSTS file. However, you can use HostsMan to block ads because you can use it to block connections to ad networks vis-a-vis the HOSTS file. The process is actually quite a bit easier than it sounds — you only have to click a few buttons — and it is very effective: it blocks ads on every browser or program on your computer. Click here to learn more about HostsMan and read our full review.

You need one of the experts in the forum to read your logs....  Groups authorized to help with Malware Removal for Windows Logs  Trusted Advisors or above.

Some of the ad blocking HOSTS files included with HostsMan block some of the ad/tracking servers used by PayPal and ebay.  It's possible that one of those is what's causing the issue.  Can you open HostsMan and temporarily disable your HOSTS file via the green square button in its UI, then open your browser and try visiting PayPal to see if you are then able to access it?  If so, then you'll need to figure out which site is the culprit.  Usually there are comments/notes included with entries that might break sites such as PayPal and ebay so if you open the HOSTS file in HostsMan and sort by comments you should be able to scroll through the list and hopefully find the entries dealing with ebay/PayPal and then disable those particular entries so they are no longer blocked (or just disable your HOSTS file temporarily whenever vising PayPal, though that sort of defeats the purpose of using HostsMan/a HOSTS file since one of the reasons for using it is to block malicious ads and malware servers; one of which may at some point hijack PayPal; though not likely, it is a possibility).

Hi Ann_Burns !

if your having an issue with this page: https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us  I sent you and a administrator a PM  - you said in a PM to me  that you got a support number for your case a day or two ago......  it does take sometimes 48 hrs for a reply if there busy.... save them ticket number .. best regards,