Home Antivirus 2010

I don't mean to hijack this post, but I'm having the exact problem after contracting Home Antivirus 2010. Most of the scans get aborted before completing. Then, you cannot start them again because windows won't let you have access. This is the same for secedit and sfc. I noticed all local security polices are gone which is probably part of the problem. I was hoping to run secedit to restore default but it gets blocked. From what programs I could get to run, some from a second boot partition, I found several viruses and finally got all of the files removed. but still have the no access problem plus my searches are still hijacked.

I tried running DDS and has the same problem, the prompt never does display. If I could figure out what is causing secedit not to run, I could probably get this thing figured out. I'm still a little stumped why my searches are being redirected. There still has to be something undetected doing that. I did the manual unistall of 2010 so I know I have all of those files deleted.

I would normally just do a system restore but those got deleted when I got Home Antivirus 2010. I waited too long to recover them so they were corrupt.

• Staff

Hi rduncan and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please run a GMER Rootkit scan:

Download GMER's application from here:

http://www.gmer.net/gmer.zip

Unzip it and start the GMER.exe

Click the Rootkit tab and click the Scan button.

Once done, click the Copy button.

This will copy the results to your clipboard.

Paste the results in your next reply.

Warning ! Please, do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.

Next, please visit this webpage for instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!