Sign in to follow this  
MAXBAR1

consumes a lot of energy

Malwarebytes Premium for Android is reported by Android 7.0 on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 as a high power consumption app.
Is it possible to resolve this problem  to increase the autonomy of the smartphone?
thank you

I have read.
but it's best if you optimize the Malwarebytes consumption so I don't have to give up real-time protection. As for programmed scanning, it is set once a day.

Well, that is a question for the developer team around Malwarebytes for Android.

MAM

Thanks for the feedback, do you have any screenshot from consumed battery. If we can see how much percentage we consume, it might give us more information, what can be wrong.

However, pro-active protection consumes battery to some extent especially, if user downloads many things.

I do not have a screenshot (I never use Android because it's my dad and I'm not very practical but I can give you some data); I can tell you that it is the only system app that is considered high energy consumption, consuming 2.60% of the battery against a 9.78% of the Android system on a total of 38% of the software consumption and a 62 % consumed by smartphone hardware
Consumption is 74.95 mAh for MalwareBytes compared to Android OS that consumes 215.55 mAh. As a comparison I can tell you that Gmail consumes 36.54 mAh
Thank you
regards

Thanks for more info MAXBAR1, we'll definitely consider this, and look into.

I want to add also, during full system scan battery consumption is higher and at that moment the device may alert about that.

Thanks once again.

It is always considered high-power, both when scanning and when it is only active with realtime protection in the background