RedWalker

Google Chrome Secure Preferences PUP.Optional.Trovi HELP

I'm confused as what to do with this, I've never gone to fishy sites and the only extension I have is Ad Block - The one with the most downloads - when it came up as a detection I quarantined it and deleted it but the file is still there even after closing chrome and trying again, scanning again it still shows as a PuP and I'm completely unable to handle this by myself when nothing seems to be working, looking at the file there seems to be a website called trovi.com and I have no idea what it is and I've never gone there

Can you please post the scan log. This probably doesnt delete the file itself but correct a bad url inside the preferences file. I assume you are on 3.3?

Trovi.com would cause this detection. Do you know if you have chrome sync on?

Edited by shadowwar

Okay, Here it is. Thank you SO much for replying so soon and I do have chrome sync on and I have no clue how to turn it off and I have been actively searching for a solution and it seems to be turning sync off and clearing sync - still don't know how to turn sync off - 

PuP Detection.txt

That Report was me scanning ONLY the secure preferences file after multiple tries removing it with malwarebytes if it's of any importance that I state that first, I haven't even read the forum rules yet, I'm in a panic to get this problem solved, so pardon me if posting frequently in a forum post is against the rules

I tried clearing Sync and scanning the file again and it still comes up as a PuP but I had it in quarantine before that 

It hasn't worked and I can't clear sync again cause it tells me to sign into My chrome browser but I'm already signed in

I don't know what may have just happened but for me to go back into my settings in chrome I had to sign back in and it synced settings again but I still have the PuP detection

I am actually having the exact same problem right now and I can't figure out where it came from or how to get rid of it. I havent been on my computer in a few days and it wasn't there last time I was on the pc.

REINSTALLING CHROME seems to have fixed the problem and do try clearing your sync by going to settings sync and clicking "Manage Sync Data On Google Dashboard"

Hi,

When you have this and it's always returning, it's because syncing is enabled, so everytime you log into Chrome again, the data is reset.

To fix this, please see here: