MB 3.3 - Here we go again

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I'm back.

Same old problem, 'Real Time Protection - Web protection = turned off'

Its been ok since last here and doing as suggested with Kaspersky.

Last night before shut down I ran 'ADW' and 'mbar' as I do monthly and now this if there's any connection ?

I will quit the program and re-install as done previously.

And await any further instructions as what's next.

If I may, let me pose this question.   When you placed the "trusted application" info for Malwarebytes, did you do that under the section "Specify trusted appliaction" ?

image.png.ab14db8369db579ffc87f0851154d616.png

The intent is to set Malwarebytes "processes" to be treated by Kaspersky as trusted applications.

Thanks for the link,

5 hours ago, dcollins said:

@maltelboy you should all everything on the following page: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1123

Thanks for the list.

But could not find 'C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe' in the listing so had to create a exclusion as did for the system32\drivers etc.

This was given to me for KIS 2018 from Kaspersky, but its the same for 2017 for those who have a similar problem setting exclusions.

("To set up exclusion for the driver .sys files please access Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Exclusions > Manage exclusions, click on 'Add' and instead of browsing for the file, please type in (or paste) the Malwarebytes Driver file path. For example paste: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys and then confirm the exclusion."

and then....

"Please do not click on 'Browse' and then paste the path, but rather paste the path in the File or folder entry box, on the 'Add new exclusion'.")

Fingers crossed, all is done..

Well that didn't work.......

Unless I've done something wrong as seen above setting up the exclusions for KIS 2017.

Laptop had been on for some 2hrs then up came the pop-uo saying the 'web protection' was turned off again. It was mentioned by another user on Kapsersky forum that he re-starts his PC and all is well again.

I tried this and yes it works, but another warning crops up 'Malware Protection' was turned off. But opening the Settings page, it was just a matter of switching it back on. Why ??

Having had Kaspersky and Malware side by side for a few months, why is MB3.*.* causing so much trouble compared to the older versions MB2.*.*

Its happened again. 'Real-Time Protection turned off'

This time seemed to occur where the laptop had been idle for some 30 minutes but not asleep. The WiFi was asleep then woke to re-connect from moving the cursor to start something, then it happened.............

Then if I restart the Laptop as before, Its all OK again. ??

Edited by maltelboy

1 hour ago, maltelboy said:

Its happened again. 'Real-Time Protection turned off'

This time seemed to occur where the laptop had been idle for some 30 minutes but not asleep. The WiFi was asleep then woke to re-connect from moving the cursor to start something, then it happened.............

Then if I restart the Laptop as before, Its all OK again. ??

Similar story here tonight - Real Time Protection switched off at the time I had KIS 2018 performing a scan.

Just needed a reboot.

What's really bugging me is the fact when MWB says I am protected I still get from http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO REACH THIS PAGE IT MEANS THAT IP PROTECTION IS DISABLED ON YOUR MACHINE.

On 11/16/2017 at 4:17 PM, dcollins said:

We have identified an issue involving database updates that can cause web protection to not start properly, and our teams are working on a solution. The workaround right now is to restart Malwarebytes or restart your computer.

Any update on this, just noticed that it did the same again this morning so having to uninstall and reinstall

6 hours ago, WilliamBassett said:

Any update on this, just noticed that it did the same again this morning so having to uninstall and reinstall

Since we all having the same problem with MB3.2 or 3.3.

I've found just restarting Windows cures the problem till the next time.

But saying that, since my last post here and doing the exclusions etc with Kasp. nothing further has cropped up.