Denrich

255.255.255.255 outbound being blocked

1 minute ago, deviousiphone said:

disable web protection, it will resolve the issue (for now)

Not sure that's wise ...

its not a great solution, but it works for me while I am doing certain tasks, its blocking Plex as well for me so I am just not browsing while its in use, I will enable it again when I am finished doing what I need to do.

#metoo

5  7 times in last hour

-Website Data-
Domain:
IP Address: 255.255.255.255
Port: [68]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

-Software Information-
Version: 3.3.1.2183
Components Version: 1.0.236
Update Package Version: 1.0.3304
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

Edited by jimbag
add info

Same same

MB blocking outbound broadcast 255.255.255.255:17500/dropbox.
3x per minute

MB and MBrootscans clean. Defs failure, judging from amount of reports

Same here. Put in an exception to 255.255.255.255 Seems to have stopped for time being.

Edited by GAmos

3 minutes ago, GAmos said:

Same here. Put in an exception to 255.255.255. Seems to have stopped for time being.

Putting an exception will stop the notices because it will no longer block the outgoing traffic. Not sure that's wise until we understand what's going on. Better just to let Malwarebytes do its thing until we get some advice here, I think. Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by Bron

Same. Exited Dropbox leaving only the following: site detected as malicious 255.255.255.255 port 68 Outbound C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe popping up every 30 seconds or so.

Performed Custom Scan of entire C drive, no threats detected. Virus scan, no threats detected. I have Malwarebytes Premium subscription.

Same thing is happening to my computer starting about 40 minutes ago.  Windows 7.  Chrome browser. MB 3.3.1.2183, Component 1.0.236, Update 1.0.3304.

Should I be worried?

Edit:  It's happening with Chrome and my Outlook.  Outlook was the first popup but my Chrome has been running extremely slow and freezing up all morning.  I've ran MB and Defender full scans this morning and just now.  Detects nothing.

Edited by PKJ
Add additional information.

2 minutes ago, leMEC72 said:

is there a danger in either excluding 255.255.255.255 or disabling web protection?

Yes, in my opinion, there could be. But just my opinion. We need to hear from support on this before doing anything, I think.

1 minute ago, Bron said:

Putting an exception will stop the notices because t will no longer block the outgoing traffic. Not sure that's wise until we understand what's going on. Better just to let Malwarebytes do its thing until we get some advice here, I think. Just my opinion, of course.

Doing the same.  If something is being blocked from going out, I don't want it to be successful! 

2 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Same thing is happening to my computer starting about 40 minutes ago.  Windows 7.  Chrome browser. MB 3.3.1.2183, Component 1.0.236, Update 1.0.3304.

Should I be worried?

No need to worry -- yet. :-)

Malwarebytes is blocking the traffic as it should for now. May just be an error in a recent update or something. But we won't know until we gear something from support.

This has been occuring with Malwarebytes on my Windows 7 computer for the past 7 minutes. I noticed that this occurred the moment that I chose to pick (NO --ON THE NEW MALWAREBYTES UPDATE INSTALL). I was in the middle of working on a project and wanted to choose to update Malwarebytes later without being disturbed.

This pop up is becoming a bit frustrating. There is nothing wrong with my PC in regards to it being infected. Hopefully we get a fix soon^_^

This just started today for me.

Pop-up notifications are occurring every few minutes.

Windows 7

Malwarebytes Premium 3.2.2

Same problem here. Just started a while ago. Whatever is happening appears to be MB-specific.

Attention MB folks... your awareness of this problem is urgently requested.

PERSONAL NOTE: Regarding the gigantic green "Blocked" popup -- is that really necessary? I mean, even when it works correctly, it is highly intrusive. Those living in cellular worlds are not privy to the practical necessities of an uncluttered and unobstructed workplace desktop. Please ask the UI manager who believes it "looks nice" to attend a different meeting.

1 minute ago, Watcher58 said:

I too, have the same problem while being on this website and writing this. Is this something that should not be blocked or ???

No one knows at this point. My advice is to sit tight until we hear something from support.

I've been having this pop up every few minutes for the past hour, sometimes multiple times in a minute on a Windows 10 laptop, blocking svchost.exe, with no dropbox installed.

Edited by icecale

1 minute ago, icecale said:

I've been having this pop up every few minutes for the past hour, sometimes multiple times in a minute on a Windows 10 laptop, blocking svchost.exe

Same here, but on Win 7.