Malwarebytes 3.1.2 Premium is uninstalling itself

After updating Malwarebytes to v3.1.2 I find it's being uninstalled by something (itself?) every day or two.  After reinstalling it and completing a scan, Windows 10 tells me that Malwarebytes and Windows Defender are both turned off, though I confirm they are both turned on.  I opened a ticket on this (2111459) on 10/24 but haven't heard anything.

1 hour ago, Involute said:

After updating Malwarebytes to v3.1.2 I find it's being uninstalled by something (itself?) every day or two.  After reinstalling it and completing a scan, Windows 10 tells me that Malwarebytes and Windows Defender are both turned off, though I confirm they are both turned on.  I opened a ticket on this (2111459) on 10/24 but haven't heard anything.

Can you try installing the latest 3.2.2.2029 over your existing product and let me know if that worked.

Just download the latest installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Run the installer on top of your existing product. No need to uninstall. Restart after/        

That installed and runs fine, so far, though when the system boots, Malwarebytes runs with malware protection off.  I can turn it on, but that's going to get tired fast if I have to do it each time my system starts. "Delay Real-Time Protection when Malwarebytes starts" is off.

Also, I've noticed that Malwarebytes 3.2.2 runs in a way that causes it to appear as an app under the Windows 10 Task Manager even though it doesn't appear anywhere on my screen unless I open it from the system tray.  I have 14 other apps running in the system tray and all of them only appear as background processes.  This behavior is a little irritating as I often switch between apps via <ALT><TAB> and Malwarebytes shows up among the others even though it isn't "there;" if I try to select it, nothing happens.