MBAM won't run, and other seemingly me-specific problems

Hello,

To be upfront, I know NOTHING about ANYTHING like this...

However, I CAN follow instructions and the last few tomes I have had a malware infection, I have searched it, read what others had done and rid myself of it.

This time... it's different. I'm punching desks and willing back tears.

WINDOWS ANTIVIRUS PRO.

I have tried re-naming the .exe file... nothing.

I have tried rebooting in safe mode to run MBAM... nothing.

I was excited about an option telling me to go to RUN, type: devmgmt.msc, go to VIEW, go to SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES... NON PLUG AND PLAY DRIVERS and look for something called TDSSserv.sys... or four or five other similar things...

NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE LISTED.

I have attempted to uninstall MBAM but when I go to UNINSTALL PROGRAMS and click on it, it pops a prompt that says: "THE PARAMETER IS INCORRECT"...

I don't know what I've done to allow this monster in, nor what I can do-- if anything-- to exorcise it, but any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thank You,

-Jeremy

• Staff

Hi Jeremy and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please visit this webpage for instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!