Startup problems Malwarebytes 1.40 paid version

With a full size 3 year old Systemax laptop and a 3 month old Asus eeePc, both running Windows XP Home SP3, Online Armor 3.5, Avira Antivir Premium, & SuperAdBlocker/SuperAntiSpyware, I am having startup problems with the latest version of Mmalwarbytes. The update which came with v1.40 caused both computers to hang, so I uninstalled it and downloaded 2 copies from CNet. On both computers the new download would not always load properly, but a message would come up saying that one or more files couldn't load so Malwarebytes was shutting down. It stopped the proper startup of Windows 3 times on the eeepc. Or it would load, but online protection would not be enabled. Malwarebytes behavior is inconsistent on startup, and I have uninstalled it on the Systemax, but still have in on the eeePC. I am not describing this very well, I realize.

I am thinking of waiting until your next version to put it back on the computer where it is removed, and I will uninstall it on the eeePC if it causes any more problems. Meanwhile, I do like it. It has caught malware on both computers, which have appeared despite my best efforts.

With a full size 3 year old Systemax laptop and a 3 month old Asus eeePc, both running Windows XP Home SP3, Online Armor 3.5, Avira Antivir Premium, & SuperAdBlocker/SuperAntiSpyware, I am having startup problems with the latest version of Mmalwarbytes. The update which came with v1.40 caused both computers to hang, so I uninstalled it and downloaded 2 copies from CNet. On both computers the new download would not always load properly, but a message would come up saying that one or more files couldn't load so Malwarebytes was shutting down. It stopped the proper startup of Windows 3 times on the eeepc. Or it would load, but online protection would not be enabled. Malwarebytes behavior is inconsistent on startup, and I have uninstalled it on the Systemax, but still have in on the eeePC. I am not describing this very well, I realize.

I am thinking of waiting until your next version to put it back on the computer where it is removed, and I will uninstall it on the eeePC if it causes any more problems. Meanwhile, I do like it. It has caught malware on both computers, which have appeared despite my best efforts.

Did you add the MBAM files to Online Armor's exclusion list? Check out this FAQ

If prairie dog's suggestion doesn't solve your problem, another thing you can try is to turn off mbam protection "Start with Windows". If after rebooting (computer ready to use), you find that you can then turn on MBAM Protection and have it function normally, you can either manual start mbam protection every time you start your computer, or look at a startup delay utility. Sartup delay utilities are discussed here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21073

After a bit of testing and tweaking, I have temporarily uninstalled Malwarebytes from both computers. I believe that it is often but not always (that is why its behavior is inconsistant) trying to start up at the same time Avira Antivir Premium is also trying to start up, causing either or both to hang. Hopefully this will be fixed at a later date. Meanwhile, once in a while I could install it and then uninstall after a scan, but this is cumbersome and time consuming. Thanks for helping!

• 2 weeks later...