PC won't boot without swapping RAM around

I got hit by a gigantic virus, and with a lot of struggling, got rid of mostly everything that I can see. The biggest problem left is that every time I turn my computer off, it doesn't do anything (fan speeds up, the active light is flashing, but nothing more happens). Clearing the CMOS doesn't help, the only thing that seems to work is swapping the two ram modules (2x4gb, 2 slots available) I have in my computer. I don't think it's any malware on my computer either, because even if I boot from BIOS straight into linux (which I've got dual-booted) and then shut down & power on, it still requires swapping the RAM. I've run a full scan in Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit, with nothing found.

Probably related is that whenever I try to enable Web Protection in Malwarebytes, it hops back to off after a second or so.

Any ideas on why this is and how to fix this? I've attached to this post a CPU-Z report and the output of lshw on linux, containing my PCs specs and the log of Anti-Rootkit.

lshwOutput.txt

CPUZ.txt

system-log.txt

Edited by dzaima
add additional info

If the PC won't boot and you have to swap RAM modules, then logs won't help.  Its a hardware issue.

Either the RAM slot(s) or the RAM modules have gone bad.

It would be best to replace the RAM modules using a matched pair and if one of two H81M-S1 RAM slots is bad, replace them with one module with a capacity of the combined modules.

Additionally, if the RAM is PC3-12800 you may opt to replace it/them using PC3-14900 module(s).

1 hour ago, David H. Lipman said:

If the PC won't boot and you have to swap RAM modules, then logs won't help.  Its a hardware issue.

Either the RAM slot(s) or the RAM modules have gone bad.

It would be best to replace the RAM modules using a matched pair and if one of two H81M-S1 RAM slots is bad, replace them with one module with a capacity of the combined modules.

Additionally, if the RAM is PC3-12800 you may opt to replace it/them using PC3-14900 module(s).

I doubt that it's a hardware issue as it started right after a virus infection and I have to swap the ram on every boot, not just once, so a certain RAM setup works some times, but not on others, which doesn't really make sense hardware works or doesn't, not works 50% of the time.

edit: to clarify, to boot up I'm swapping the same two RAM modules to each others place.

Edited by dzaima

First, you are assuming a virus.  People call anything and everything a "virus" when they are not.  The vast majority of malware are trojans, not viruses.

All you indicate points to hardware.

You can download an ISO image and burn a CD of https://www.memtest86.com/

Then you can test that RAM.