PWizard

Blocking of Cheathappens.com

2 minutes ago, GTips said:

I just filed a chargeback via PayPal for my premium Malwarebytes purchase since the staff here apparently doesn't care about its users or that they are blocking access to legitimate websites. I recommend others do the same. 

As the service and product are obviously defective at the root I also suggest this as well as contacting the BBB or any other agencies that may be involved in quality user service assurance.

Stop blocking cheathappens.com. This website in no way carries malicious software. All content on the sight is completely safe, and any downloads from the sight are at the request of the individual user. There is even a built-in verification system on site needing acceptance for any file downloads.

I have been a loyal customer of both cheathappens.com & malwarebytes for years. Both are excellent products and I trust both because I know neither will harm my computer.

I have been a member of cheathappens for almost 5 years now and never have i ever had any problems with them... thanks for blocking my favorite website. i stopped the premium services with malwarebytes because of this and removed it....

cheathappens[dot]com is a false positive.

I have been a member on that site since May 2005, and use their trainers fairly often.
None of their trainers break the rules of large gaming institutions like Steam, for example, and their site show up as clean on virustotal[dot]com. Which, ironically enough, has malwarebytes' own URL CHECKER list the site as clean.

I am a subscriber to Malwarebytes, and have been for a long time, and know them to be professionals. Therefore, I fully expect them to resolve this manner as the professionals they are and either provide evidence for malpractice on cheathappens, or naturally concede.

It is the proper way.

Can this not happen, I will have to consider moving to some other security software solution as I cannot continue to use solutions that ban clean sites and provide no proper information as to why.

Edited by donpiano

I have been a member of cheathappens since 2009. They are a group of trustworthy individuals. They would never put anyone's pc at risk. I strongly suggest you rethink your decision in making their company out to be a malicious website. If you do not unblock them. Then I would have no choice but seek out another company for my anti-virus protection needs. I will also make sure that all of my friends and family do the same thing. Please do not be unreasonable.

So even after years of saying that cheathappens scripts, which are used for single player games, is virus free, which it is and always has/will be; you're now saying it's virus riddled.....

A few ideas here, either a) MWB have just made a mistake, b) Under the table payments from game companies to do so (a little conspiracy theorist I agree) c) Some wierd personal grudge

Let's hope it's A and that MWB sort it asap....

I have been a cheat happens member since near the beginning.  I have never had issues with the site or problems with things downloaded from them.  I used to recommend Malwarebytes, but no more.

This listing is completely wrong and stupid.

I completely agree with PWizard's request.  I have been a long time user of Malwarebytes (free then premium) AND I am a lifetime plus member of Cheat Happens.  I am adding my voice to this request to unblock the Cheat Happens website.  Normally, my practice has been to set up a website exclusion, which has worked just fine; I have never experienced any malware issues.  It appears now I am unable to do so unless I completely stop Malwarebytes from running.  Please remove this block as kindly requested.

Ian B.

Please sort this out, stop blocking Cheatshappen, I'm still blocked after adding it to the exclusion list. Concentrate on the REAL villains, not the Innocent gamers.

Until this moment, I thought MB was pretty decent at making sure legitimate threats were taken care of and had a decent reputation of reducing false positives. Now, I can see that we have all been deceived. I have been a member of CheatHappens since 2008 (username: mgussow); nearly a decade. Not ONCE have I ever had an issue with any trainer or file downloaded from them. They were the first reliable, malware-free site that I found with good trainers. Your blocking of CheatHappens is narrow-minded and in poor business practice. Should PWizard have to bring you to court, he will win his case, as all the facts are on his side. Do yourselves a favor and save yourself some money; unblock CheatHappens. 

As a happy, satisfied member of the CheatHappens website since 2008, I go along with and stand behind the OP and the comments from others on this thread that what you are doing is wrong and unnecessary, MalwareBytes.  While I appreciate what your program does to keep the internet a safer place for us all, this action by you against CheatHappens is unwarranted and actually damaging to the otherwise impeccable reputation of CheatHappens.  Please reconsider your actions and allow CheatHappens the clean bill of health it rightfully deserves.

Thank you.

Your team has seen this before, but the answer is irreverent due to the programs being created by CH team, being built from the ground up. By doing this your hurting their sales and unfairly trying to redirect customers away from their business.  As an analysis and lean six sigma black belt, I can attest that this will negatively affect their sales and say they will be just in legal action if this isn't handled on the lowest level possible. I have been a loyal member of theirs for 10 years and this is a slap in the face to have one staff member not assist in resolving this. No reason to put, except one cryptic line, as your team should be well aware. I would also respectfully request a response from another team member here. @celee @AdvancedSetup @RubbeR DuckY @AlexSmith @msherwood  @CatByte @gonzo @Maurice Naggar @bdubrow

Edited by deimos5

Please remove the block of cheathappens.com. Its a clean site with millions of subscribers. If you do not remove the block, ill has to ask for a refund of 44, 3 year Business subskripsjons of malewarebytes. Thats $5635 USD. 

My lawyer is waiting for your response...

I would also respectfully request a response from another team member here. @celee @AdvancedSetup @RubbeR DuckY @AlexSmith @msherwood  @CatByte @gonzo @Maurice Naggar @bdubrow

Hi,

Don't mind me, just providing the information Malwarebytes will need to address this issue.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 10/21/17
Protection Event Time: 8:01 PM
Log File: 37020556-b6bc-11e7-b520-bc5ff45ad33e.json
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.2.2.2029
Components Version: 1.0.212
Update Package Version: 1.0.3065
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data-
Domain: www.cheathappens.com
IP Address: 104.20.78.146
Port: [58981]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

(end)

Thank you.

Hi,

Don't mind me, just providing the information Malwarebytes will need to address this issue.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Time: 8:01 PM
Log File: 37020556-b6bc-11e7-b520-bc5ff45ad33e.json

-Software Information-

-System Information-

-Website Data-
Port: [58981]

(end)

Thank you.

you don't unblock the site, I too will dump Malwarebytes and request a refund on my subscription.

They are not malware. They are not infected. I have been using their files for almost 20 years, with no problem.

Sue

+1 to this topic, Please unblock cheathappens.com I've not encountered issues with their files or website in the number of years I've used their site to encounter a block.

Don't see an obvious place to edit previous post. In case it's needed for anything:

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Time: 7:43 PM
Log File: 1633108a-b6c2-11e7-a59e-e8b1fc7c6536.json

-Software Information-

-System Information-

-Website Data-
Port: [60027]

(end)

Cheathappens is a perfectly legit website and this stunt you have pulled could hurt their business if you do not respond and make a correction to this issue then I will contact the Better Business Bureau and have you blacklisted. I have never ever had a problem with the products they have been selling to me over the past several years that I have been with them as a customer, FIX THIS IDIOCY NOW!

Cheat Happens are a Legitimate Company/Business. You have no rights to block them. So GLAD! i don't use you. I'll be sure to to tell everyone i know to stay clear of you. You block a site that has provided a great service and wonderful Community base. Should be ashamed of yourselves. No reasons to block Cheat Happens. Just petty! and totally uncalled for :angry:

I am requesting what all posters in this thread are requesting, that you please unblock the website www.cheathappens.com.  Rather than repeat what others have said and which I do agree with, here is what I am also asking for.  One of the owners/co-founders of the site, PWizard, has replied here and asked for further information about the issue that one of your staff posted which was PUP.CheatEngine.
Their website tirelessly works to provide safe and enjoyable software for its 3+ million subscribers and has for the 18 years they've been in business.  I am a Lifetime member and have NEVER had any virus or malware issues with Cheat Happens nor do I even KNOW of any such verifiable claims.  Their staff are informed, skilled at what they do and are quality folks in general and they go to great lengths to keep all of their users happy and safe.

Would you kindly provide the necessary information to PWizard & Staff as I have no doubt they would be willing to cooperate should there ever be any unsafe material at the website, and would happily remove such on request.  Should you provide them with that and they do nothing, that's a different matter.  Just as it's also a different matter if you refuse to provide them with the requested information and continue to block their much beloved website.

Here's hoping you will willingly respond as any responsible party would that's interested in their members safety and enjoyment.  Thank you. 

+1

Doesn't really matter how loud I yell or what color font.  Fact is this could be very detrimental to a business.  It would be like an Antivirus/Firewall blocking your software for modifying "blah blah" file.  You would want the matter rectified and so do we.  Let's all have a positive conversation about this and get this train moving in the right direction again. Thank you.

What nonsense is this? I've used CH for years, never had an issue. Over time some bad products falsely flag files as threats, such as Malwarebytes seems to have decided to do. I've just uninstalled Malwarebytes and moved to a security service who will focus more on legitimate threats over easy false flagging.

I have been a member of Cheathappens since May 2009 never ever had any issues with the website what so ever there material has always been clean,

I have had a premium account with Malwarebytes since about the same time and never ever had any issues with visiting Cheathappens.com.

Upon Malware bytes starting to block Cheathappens i imediately made a web exclusion because the website is completely trustworthy,

but still i would like to see Cheathappens.com removed from any suspicion by Malwarebytes.