How to install Malwarebytes 3 with MBAM already intalled

I currently have the original Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tool for Mac installed on my macbook and want ti upgrade to the new Malwarebytes 3 for mac.
The only issue is how should i approach the installation.

When i open the MBAM app and upgrade through there, should i wait for Malwarebytes 3 to fully install before uninstalling the older MBAM app?
Or can i still use both MBAM and the new Malwarebytes 3 with no interference, or is that a bit over the top?
Is MBAM still receiving the same signature updates as Malwarebytes 3 or is it best to upgrade?

There is no need to remove the older MBAM app as they have different names and the installations don't interfere with each other. You can then uninstall the older one once you're satisfied that Malwarebytes 3 is working for you.

Most of the signature updates are the same for both products, but I'm told that  due to some advanced features of Malwarebytes 3, some can only be used by it.

• Staff

Al is correct... there are some differences between the signatures used by Malwarebytes for Mac 3.0 and those used by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.x. Currently, the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (1.3.1) should be able to detect all the same things as Malwarebytes for Mac 3.0, but that won't last forever. Eventually, there will be new capabilities in 3.x that will detect things 1.3.1 won't detect.