Recommended Update for this PC malware

Kennc

Clean boot is all none system services disabled, a re-boot is carried out. If your boot time is improved it is safe to say that a none system services or services was at fault for slowing down your PC during boot...

So it is now a case of finding the culprit(s) The hunt is more or less straight forward. Follow the instructions from the link I provided... After system services are hidden re-enable by checkmark the top half of non MS services... When complete reboot, is the boot time same, worse. If boot time is still good it means none of the enabled none MS services are at fault. Repeat the process again, this time enable half of the remaining disabled none MS services. Re-boot if boot time reverts to being slow it is safe to presume one of the services just enabled is at fault. Keep repeating until the problem serviceor services are found. When that goal is achieved leave problem service or services disabled.....

Nevermind this. False alarm. its just my internet

Something weird occured.

When I disable some services(mostly intel stuff), I got smooth boot up but some slow response for opening other emails. When I enable all the services in MSCONFIG, my laptop boot slow(probably 2-3 second difference on the other one) but opening emails respond so smooth. I really dont know what the heck is happening. 

Edited by Kennc

If you know which service causes the lethargy just leave it disabled, all that means is that service will need to be started maunually when needed.... I did say in my reply about clean boot that any none system services that affect security or internet access should be left active.

Lets say for example Spotify and Spotify Web Helper are the services causing the problem, (in my opinion they do not need to start at boot anyway) leaving those disabled only means you open those programs manually as and when needed after your system has been booted up...

Your system is clear of malware/infection to clean up do the following:

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Or use the following if first link is down:

"Delfix link mirror"

If your security program alerts to Delfix either, accept the alert or turn your security off.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

• Remove disinfection tools <----- this will remove tools we may have used.
  • Purge System Restore <--- this will remove all previous and possibly exploited restore points, a new point relative to system status at present will be created.
  • Reset system settings <--- this will reset any system settings back to default that were changed either by us during cleansing or malware/infection

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Any remnant files/logs from tools we have used can be deleted…

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Got it Kevin. Last question, so basically Ill just leave it like this where I disable those services. No such thing as to restarting back to normal start like what the article says that you sent to me? Sorry if I ask alot of questions or I didnt understand some of the stuff you said. 

Yes the instructions to revert back are include in the link, is more or less straightforward....

1. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, wipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
  2. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
  3. On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
  4. Tap or click the Services tab, clear the check box beside Hide all Microsoft services, and then tap or click Enable all.
  5. ap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click Open Task Manager.
  6. In task manager, enable all of your startup programs, and then tap or click OK.
  7. When you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Does that help you, if you need more help please do not hesitate to ask......;)

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinf80
typo..

Here are the list

Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service
Intel(R) Content Protection HDCP Service
Dell Help & Support
Dell Digital Delivery Service
ESIF Upper Framework Service
Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log
Google Update Service (gupdate)
Google Update Service (gupdatem)
Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology
Intel Bluetooth Service
Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface
Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service
Mental ray Satellite for Autodesk 3ds Max 2017 64-bit
Wireless PAN DHCP Server
Product Registration
Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service
Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Zero Configuration Service

Do you recall which ones slowed your system down....? The following can be disabled unless you use them frequently..

Dell Help & Support
Dell Digital Delivery Service
Intel Bluetooth Service
Google Update Service (gupdate)
Google Update Service (gupdatem)
Product Registration

Edited by kevinf80

I assume you refer to the top two entries in your list, have a read at info from Intel website...

Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service

The Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service is used to enable premium video playback (such as Blu-ray*) for Intel® HD Graphics. It does not collect any user information. Disabling the service will prevent certain types of premium video from playing on the system; however, unprotected video such as user-generated content and YouTube* videos will continue to play.

Intel(R) Content Protection HDCP Service

“Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service - Intel(R) ICCS” is a service used for accessing the integrated clock controller in the PCH to adjust the clocks to the CPU (BCLK, DPCLK, and DPNSCLK). The graphics driver uses this service to adjust the graphics clocks (DPCLK & DPNSCLK) to perform clock bending. Clock bending adjusts the display clock frequencies to reduce screen flicker. Originally access to the ICC registers was only available internally to the PCH’s embedded controller (ME) so the registers were exposed to host through the HECI interface. On Intel® 8 Series PCHs and beyond, the HW has changed allowing the graphics driver to directly access the display clock registers, and the “Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service” should not be necessary with those chipsets.

In addition the “Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service” is used by the Intel eXtreme Tuning Utility (XTU) to perform overclocking. Overclocking is more complicated with its larger frequency range and dynamic configuration, so the PCH’s embedded controller and SW service are used to abstract the ICC implementation.

Disabling “Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service - Intel(R) ICCS” on Intel 8 Series PCHs will only impact the ability to do runtime overclocking with the XTU. With older chipsets, it will also disable the ability to do clock bending (meaning you may get additional screen flicker).

“Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service - Intel(R) ICCS” does not collect any information.

Those entries can be disabled, (change to manual) if you do not do gaming or play intensive videos, Blurray etc... the second one again if you overclock etc it must be left enabled, if not change to manual...

Seclect Windows Key and R Key together, the run box will open. type in or copy/paste services.msc hit enter, the services window will open... Scroll to each intel entry in turn, right click on the entry and select "Properties" in the new window next to "Startup type" open the drop down arrow and change to "Manual" click on "Apply" then OK. You can also stop that entry, do the same for the second one....

The image attached is from my PC, note I already have my intel settings to manual....

HECI.JPG

Edited by kevinf80

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!