MWB not in sys tray and no protection modules loading

Hi- downloaded newest update. Icon intermittently shows up in the sys tray - I have it selected to do so but it just doesn't always. The software is running as an installed program but don't know if it should be in sys tray or not. I have it on my toolbar but thought I'd ask about sys tray - thanks.

Hi - MWB is not loading into sys tray again. Now I'm nervous about going on line if it doesn't show up. I don't understand why it is necessary since the program is loaded onto my system and says: "Awesome - you are protected."  Is it really a problem?  Pls advise when you find a minute. Thanks very much...

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Thank You,

Firefox

Hi- Just to let you know, that reinstall may or may not work. I have the same issue, did the reinstall and yes, the blue icon shows up BUT not consistently. This a.m. it was there. I just logged onto my system and it is NOT there. Love this program but it is such a deep complex program, I think issues are unavoidable. Just saying...

I am growing increasingly concerned with the failure of this software to do its job and the failure of their tech support to respond to my queries. And others as well. I have been a patron of this software for 8 years and it has worked continually throughout. I recently (last week) contacted them regarding above issues - I uploaded logs as requested. As of this date, no one has responded to the logs or my emails to staff. I am at a loss as to what to do. I don't want to uninstall it but maybe I should and just start over rather than installing OVER current install as they did recommend. That did not fix problems by the way. Anyway, hope to hear from staff or others with similar problems and their progress (or lack thereof) Thanks.

A new topic was not needed. Your old topic was just fine. There is little or no staff on weekends.

2 hours ago, Dublin70 said:

or others with similar problems and their progress (or lack thereof)

When people do this it messes up the topic and confuses things. You and proper helpers should be the only ones responding to your topic to avoid confusion.

@dcollins@nikhils@AdvancedSetup

Edited by Porthos

Unfortunately the logs don't contain much data about why the tray didn't start. Can you please navigate to MB3 -> Settings -> Application and enable the option for Event Log Data. Then use your computer normally until you notice the tray icon issue. Once the tray fails to load, then run mb-check again.

Hey, Dublin (and sorry mods for posting this outside of my thread but I'm just curious right now), what does your event log or reliability history say?  They giving you any application errors notifications that say stuff like mbamtray.exe or WerFault.exe stopped working when this happens?  That's what's always happening to me and the logs always says something like faulting module name is KERNELBASE.dll or something.  Is it the same with you?