Malwarebytes deleted itself and won't reinstall

Is this new Malwarebytes ligit?  For the past several days I been hounded to install a new version.  I wasn't sure this was a real message from Malwarebytes.  My wife never received this message on her computer.  My rule when something like this happens is to shut down my computer then bring it back up.  Usually anything that is a scam message will disappear.  Every time I pushed a key that would get me to Malwarebytes, I get the same message.  You need to update your account.  I gave in and hit the update button.  I assume it updated because the next message was to restart my computer.  When I restarted my computer,  Malwarebytes was totally gone!!! It's like it never existed.  It's gone from the computer program.  It' gone from the quick start key.  I back dated my computer to another date prior to me updating Malwarebytes.  I got the Malwarebytes back on the start menu, but it goes nowhere!  Malwarebytes is still gone in the program.  I want help. or give me back the money I spent purchasing Malwarebytes, and I'll go back to Trend.   

When I finally installed 3.2.2 it asked me to restart my computer.  When I did Malwarebytes was totally gone!  Nothing, period.  Not in programming.  Short cuts gone.  Start menu gone.  It's like Malwarebytes never existed!  Somebody want to explain why I paid for a 2 year subscription for this.  What's worse it that nobody monitors these forums!  I've been trying to contact Malwarebytes for over 2 day!  Does anybody care at Malwarebytes? 

• Root Admin

Hello @wbargr1 and :welcome:

Sorry for the delay. My wife was hospitalized for emergency surgery and I've been out for over a week and just now getting back to work and many topics to catch up on. There are other support techs but just too many requests for help to be able to assist everyone as quickly as we'd like to.

Let me have you try a clean removal and reinstall of the program and see if that corrects your issue for you. If not we'll review some other logs and see what's going on.

** Download MB-Clean Here **

How to use it?

1. Download the latest version of MB-Clean by clicking the link above
  2. Close all open applications
  3. Double-click and run mb-clean.exe 
  4. A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear:
    • Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process
    • No - will exit the utility
  5. Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • No – will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (not recommended)
      • We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).
  6. Upon reboot, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • No - will exit the utility and the cleanup process is complete
      • Choose this option if you do not want to download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • A log file ("mb-clean-results.txt") will be on your desktop 
    • Attach the log file to your reply.

Thank you

Ron